New Everton Stadium

There's a handful of stadiums now with a four stand interior and a bowl shaped facade. I'm not opposed to that but agree we need to have steep stands close to the pitch.
The dome shape encourages space between the pitch and stands.

If after what City and West Ham have experienced they go for a similar shape then that cant be acceptable.

The dome shape encourages space between the pitch and stands.

If after what City and West Ham have experienced they go for a similar shape then that cant be acceptable.
I agree. I think you may have misunderstood what I was saying. I was referring to stadia like the Allianz Arena in Munich that looks bowl shaped from the outside but inside have four, pitch side, steep stands.

I agree. I think you may have misunderstood what I was saying. I was referring to stadia like the Allianz Arena in Munich that looks bowl shaped from the outside but inside have four, pitch side, steep stands.

Fair enough, I did think that was what you were saying anyway. But with all the talk of this being utilised for other events - and having seen that video of Meis stressing he wants to be involved in stadiums that "have multi-purposes and spill out int the community" - I fear that an interior bowl is what we'll be seeing.

Fair enough, I did think that was what you were saying anyway. But with all the talk of this being utilised for other events - and having seen that video of Meis stressing he wants to be involved in stadiums that "have multi-purposes and spill out int the community" - I fear that an interior bowl is what we'll be seeing.

Well played Davek, there's nothing like getting your moans in early;)

He should have stuck to snooker !!
Fair play to Jim...he's managed to get back from last nights exhibition match to make it to Bramley Moore for today's announcement
20170314_103709-852x885.webp

I know what you mean. I hope they would focus on concerts, prize fights etc.. Which would work in a four sided stadium but I agree that it is a concern. Mei's has also made cryptic remarks about steep stands and staying true to the heritage of Everton (or something like that) so maybe it'll be fine.

He's already said himself it won't be a bowl but don't let that stop you.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back