New Everton Stadium

Love the fact that Dan Meis retreated this ...

Screenshot_20170315-124840.webp

Little dig at those cretins across the park :bye:

Still ... he obviously doesn't know more than certain people on here though :Blink:

Blimey, so the ITK suggestions that we'd agreed this price "subject to planning permission" in August 2016 were absolutely miiiiiiiiiiiiles out.
The ITK in question claimed in no uncertain terms that the purchase completed. A few of us explained that they wouldn't realistically complete a purchase without planning consent, and that any deal would be 'subject to planning'. Soon after, the insider knowledge magically changed to 'deal agreed subject to planning'.

Mata, Witsel, Van Dijk, Lukaku etc etc etc etc. People still act like he's Jim White.

It's hard to understand what couldn't be anticipated on use of land. It's a stadium plus retail I would imagine.

It's a lot more detailed than that of course. It will need review on impact of WHS and surrounding areas, size and usages, transport. It's not just how it looks, it's how it performs and operates.

Plus, Peel may well of had to reconsider their masterplans as they have removed the residential area that originally sat at Bramley and Nelson, that can have an effect, I have no idea if it did, on the outline planning consent as its considered a change of use. That could have been one of the complications that Elstone mentioned, again I don't know, just thinking of possibles.

Another point to note is that Peel essentially confirmed it was both Bramley Moore AND Nelson Dock. They have two options for both docks. One option is the residential development with restaurants/bars/surgeries etc the other option is the Everton stadium.

It looks like they are only seriously considering one of the two options at the moment.

Love the fact that Dan Meis retreated this ...

View attachment 35298

Little dig at those cretins across the park :bye:

Still ... he obviously doesn't know more than certain people on here though :Blink:

Why on earth is an architect of his apparent repute getting involved in spats like that?

It's little wonder that many of us see this whole project as being a bit flaky when we have the vociferous backing of a Mayor involved in slanging matches and the proposed architect egging him on in public. Can these 'professionals' not have a bit of decorum and behave themselves?

Why on earth is an architect of his apparent repute getting involved in spats like that?

It's little wonder that many of us see this whole project as being a bit flaky when we have the vociferous backing of a Mayor involved in slanging matches and the proposed architect egging him on in public. Can these 'professionals' not have a bit of decorum and behave themselves?

Where's the fun in that? Once there is a design in place for the stadium and construction has started I hope he straps a model of the new stadium to himself and skips around outside Anfield for the afternoon.

Where's the fun in that? Once there is a design in place for the stadium and construction has started I hope he straps a model of the new stadium to himself and skips around outside Anfield for the afternoon.
He sounds the type to do it.

We should have gone with Herzog. They are class.

Oh for goodness sake Dave, now you're an architectural expert!!!!
I like their stuff. It's very neat and I think a little bit of the conservatism we require for our stadium. I've listened to Meis' thoughts and he sounds a bit hippy drippy with all the "stadium will flow out into the urban space" stuff. It all sounds very California dreamin' to me.

That sounds even more of a change in tone.

But let's have it right here: that 'heads of terms' agreement is a pretty provisional thing and underlines just how far away we are from agreeing anything on Bramley Dock much less building anything down there.

We are miles off. I know no one wants to hear that, but we simply are miles off.

Why don't you see it as another step forward instead of just going on about how much further there is to go? Everyone knows there is a massive amount to be done yet and things can go wrong.

Why don't you celebrate news of a step in the right direction?

Bang on.

The club are trying to play it cool after past failures, whilst these bells are leaving a massive open goal for kopites to rip us if it all goes tits.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back