New Everton Stadium

I like their stuff. It's very neat and I think a little bit of the conservatism we require for our stadium. I've listened to Meis' thoughts and he sounds a bit hippy drippy with all the "stadium will flow out into the urban space" stuff. It all sounds very California dreamin' to me.
That's what you want, or you end up with a stadium like Bolton or Middlesborough

I think that things are moving forward at the pace a deal like this happens. It is an enormously complex deal anyway and is also just a piece in a much bigger jigsaw.

Frustrating for us fans, but get used to it.
If the project is eventually given the green light then their will be another deadlive and another and so on until the stadium is eventually finished.

Patience is called for, of course there are also those who like to make mischief and criticise everything Everton.

Why don't you see it as another step forward instead of just going on about how much further there is to go? Everyone knows there is a massive amount to be done yet and things can go wrong.

Why don't you celebrate news of a step in the right direction?

I honestly think that Peel are going along doing just enough of what they have to do to box off critics. The information released today sort of underlines that view, because it's insubstantial: big on future promises/hopes, small on concrete details about contracts being signed and time lines. It's fluff and we should treat it as such. The alternative is to celebrate a few nice words and get nowhere with them.

I dont trust Peel, not one bit.

I think that things are moving forward at the pace a deal like this happens. It is an enormously complex deal anyway and is also just a piece in a much bigger jigsaw.

Frustrating for us fans, but get used to it.
If the project is eventually given the green light then their will be another deadlive and another and so on until the stadium is eventually finished.

Patience is called for, of course there are also those who like to make mischief and criticise everything Everton.
The frustrating thing is that we arer dealing now with (apparently) partners who will be actively wanting this to happen and are friendly toward the development. The fact we're still at the talking stage either demonstrates that isn't the actual reality of the situation OR that the club haven't indicated to Peel a detailed plan with costings plus partners who are nailed on to be part of the overall development not just the stadium....and this is the easy bit (or should be). The real firestorm will come after all that and we finally sign a contract over land with Peel when the inevitable public inquiry will be called.

We should be racing through the preliminaries and at the stage where the public have the right to object and we can face that down. That's where we should be right now.

Take a look at the timescale for the Kings Dock when Kenwright and Gregg took over: it was well underway a year after that takeover and dealing with a piece of land that was on a world heritage site.

Likely to be retail but could be offices...or a mix.
It could be if we're lucky The Bill Kenwright Panto Museum and the chance to see every costume worn by Wishy Washy for the last 40 years. The Reds will be green with envy. Hopefully Biggins will do the grand unveiling.

The frustrating thing is that we arer dealing now with (apparently) partners who will be actively wanting this to happen and are friendly toward the development. The fact we're still at the talking stage either demonstrates that isn't the actual reality of the situation OR that the club haven't indicated to Peel a detailed plan with costings plus partners who are nailed on to be part of the overall development not just the stadium....and this is the easy bit (or should be). The real firestorm will come after all that and we finally sign a contract over land with Peel when the inevitable public inquiry will be called.

We should be racing through the preliminaries and at the stage where the public have the right to object and we can face that down. That's where we should be right now.

Take a look at the timescale for the Kings Dock when Kenwright and Gregg took over: it was well underway a year after that takeover and dealing with a piece of land that was on a world heritage site.
I think Dave that the truth is none of us know at what stage this is at. I don't think that at this stage the fans are a consideration at all, certainly the information being provided is limited at best. You say we are still at the talking stage, but really we don't know, just as we don't know what piece of ground/water is being considered, what price, what the council are contributing or most importantly of all how we are going to pay for the whole thing.
I have no doubt these things are all known, but not by the general public.

It is a unusual in that the vendors (Peel) are not out of the equation if they conclude a deal with Everton and the council.
In fact any deal is only the very beginning of a much larger project for Peel, but it is as vital for them as it is for us that this development is a spectacular success and fully funded. They do not want a half built football stadium which can't be completed on their hands.

Found this comment on a well known RS forum, gave me a chuckle:

Screenshot_20170315-175830.webp

This is basically saying that the council are paying for the stadium. They haven't got a clue! Selling Lukaku will raise 25% of it, they could sell Henderson i suppose and chip in 5 million if they want to play in our stadium with all blue seats... :p then again i wouldn't want them in our stadium at least 19 times a season, once is bad enough!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back