New Everton Stadium

People who likely know more then me think that the stadium is one of the condiditions for Moshiri to buy out other shares. My own personal opiion Bill and Woods will keep a small shareholding. How that will likely play out in term of their role within the club im not so sure im suprised at how active Bill in particular appears to be as chairman since Moshiri came in, you know i dont feel he is the root of all evil like some do, but when it comes to a project like this he doesnt have a great track record. Equally i would like to think Elstone isnt going to be our CEO heading toward this new dawn, we had different opinions on Kirkby but i think we could both agree the process was disaster and poorly manged. A new CEO with a track record of delivering a project of this scale would be welcome.
Apparently Keith Edelman was the mastermind behind the Emirates move for Arsenal. He's clicking his heels right now. Get him on board. Surely Moshiri knows him?

Lukaku cash plus naming rights - takes us over halfway there in terms of stadium fund required. Find a partner for the development outside the stadium and it's done.

Hypothetically, if the club was transparent and actually said they're selling Lukaku to help fund the stadium, I wouldn't have a problem with it whatsoever.

Apparently Keith Edelman was the mastermind behind the Emirates move for Arsenal. He's clicking his heels right now. Get him on board. Surely Moshiri knows him?

You would think so, i dont think it necessarily has to be a "football person" even a board member with experience in capital infrastructure development whose whole brief is to manage the stadium development would be welcome, there has to be a litany of people in the UK with the required skill set not just in football.

I find the dynamic between Bill and Moshiri interesting, Bill the extrovert you can bet will be the man with the shovel in the ground, Moshiri seem like an introvert and the silent assassin sort, im waiting to see a sting in his tail at the higher management at the club, i think its coming.

It's only took 1670 pages before I started to believe a new stadium is going to happen.

Can someone please direct me to a 1670 page long thread for a double swoop on Bale and Neymar so I can be further deluded/ inspired please.

I remain to be convinced that Kenwright and Elstone are on borrowed time here.

It seems both are now in stronger positions than 13 months ago, albeit Bill with a diluted holding.

If stadium development is the trigger for exercise of the options, then we may be in for a considerable wait, as surely that would only coincide with the new ground being finished and ready?

Even then, Moshiri is under no obligation to make further changes in the boardroom. Given his apparent liking and respect for Bill, it may be left to Kenwright himself to decide his own timeframe for stepping down, probably when he has a few more years on the clock.

Who knows about Elstone, I thought he wouldn't last a wet weekend under a new regime, but him and Bill come as a pair, it seems. I can live with Kenwright as a cheerleader and spokesman, but Elstone is an amateur compared to the equivalents at the clubs we seek to compete with.

I would have thought we would have a new CEO long ago, the sooner the better.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back