New Everton Stadium

22nd March 1895 the Club's shareholders resolved to buy Goodison Park.

122 years to the day.

From Wiki

"It was announced at a general meeting on 22 March 1895 that the club could finally afford to buy Goodison Park. Mahon revealed that Everton were buying Goodison Park for £650 less than the price of Anfield three years earlier, with Goodison Park having more land and a 25% larger capacity. The motion to purchase Goodison Park was passed unanimously.[12] Dr. Baxter also lent the club £5,000 to redeem the mortgage early at a rate of 3½%.[22] By this time the redrawing of political boundaries put Walton, and hence Goodison Park, inside the City of Liverpool.[23]"

122 years to the day.

From Wiki

"It was announced at a general meeting on 22 March 1895 that the club could finally afford to buy Goodison Park. Mahon revealed that Everton were buying Goodison Park for £650 less than the price of Anfield three years earlier, with Goodison Park having more land and a 25% larger capacity. The motion to purchase Goodison Park was passed unanimously.[12] Dr. Baxter also lent the club £5,000 to redeem the mortgage early at a rate of 3½%.[22] By this time the redrawing of political boundaries put Walton, and hence Goodison Park, inside the City of Liverpool.[23]"

Yes, I remember it well.

Bloody hell, this fella would steal Thor's thunder if he could
lollol

I think you are right there mate - but I also wouldn't be surprised if this has been done with the full backing of the club in order to whip the common people up into a frenzy in anticipation of whatever is to be revealed on Thursday the new Friday maybe Monday or Wednesday.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back