New Everton Stadium

Funny thing is, Joe Anderson is making RS heads fall off more than the thought of a stadium on the docks is, I'm surprised my RS mates phone hasn't blown up yet with the amount of angry texts he's sent me. Supposedly Anderson is meant to be the mouthpiece for the city and not Everton so he should be made to step down. Another cracker that he has come out with is that Anderson is taking bungs from BK and should be investigated for corruption. :hayee:
Anderson isn't daft, he's done plenty for them lot before pushing his major Everton project through which is for the city to redevelop not just to re-home the blues. Clever chap

Very, very early days this, but the irony of our potential new ground being built as part of a massive regeneration of a neglected part of the City, which will benefit not only us, but 100000's of others, against Big Stand FC doing the polar opposite, to neglect a part of the City for the benefit of themselves shouldnt be lost on us.

Like, not that we are doing this as a purely altruistic thing or anything, but even so. The difference is stark.

Very, very early days this, but the irony of our potential new ground being built as part of a massive regeneration of a neglected part of the City, which will benefit not only us, but 100000's of others, against Big Stand FC doing the polar opposite, to neglect a part of the City for the benefit of themselves shouldnt be lost on us.

Like, not that we are doing this as a purely altruistic thing or anything, but even so. The difference is stark.

As ever, the moral high ground is ours

I'm hoping, and expecting, that we won't turn our back on the people of Walton, either. I hope we always have a real presence there with EitC.

I'm hoping, and expecting, that we won't turn our back on the people of Walton, either. I hope we always have a real presence there with EitC.

Thought we have already set in place quite a lot of stuff. Drop in centres for homeless/down at heel/elderly, kids pitches, big clean up operation.

Makes the place sound like Beirut ffs!

Thought we have already set in place quite a lot of stuff. Drop in centres for homeless/down at heel/elderly, kids pitches, big clean up operation.

Makes the place sound like Beirut ffs!
Yeah, it's more the longevity of those things that I think is important. It'd be a shame if it tailed off after four or five years. I've no reason to expect it will, I should add. I think it'll be something we can be proud of.

Yeah, it's more the longevity of those things that I think is important. It'd be a shame if it tailed off after four or five years. I've no reason to expect it will, I should add. I think it'll be something we can be proud of.

I posted along the lines of "we are playing football at a new ground, but not leaving home" when the articles appeared about the legacy (ugh) plans.

If Joe's right...by Friday Bramley Moore will be awash with concerned kite flyers, dog walkers & traffic enthusiasts all frothing at the mouth whilst they protest on behalf of the small boats!
DEXATI20170319190834-978x657.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back