New Everton Stadium

While I know you're probably joking Kith, thats probably going to Birmingham. All signs point to this Thursday news being all about us and BM Dock.
giphy.gif

If the capacity is anything less than 55k it will be an anticlimax for me.
All these rumours are doing my head in. I suppose we've waited long enough, a few more days won't hurt, but wouldn't it be sweet to have it confirmed before we play at the Temple of Doom.

Even 55,000 would be something of a letdown. But I think it will be at least 60,000.

Mr Moshiri is too proud and too ambitious to build a new stadium that's even smaller than West Ham's ground.

Me too:rant:...The takings from the "Walton Towers Big Slipper" would've easily covered the cost of the stadium!
View attachment 35451
I'm trying to decide if i would prefer it if slippy was attached to the front car, like a bumper or a snow-plough; or whether he was about to be used as a tunnel, with the car going into his clacker before emerging out of his whiny gob?

Even 55,000 would be something of a letdown. But I think it will be at least 60,000.

Mr Moshiri is too proud and too ambitious to build a new stadium that's even smaller than West Ham's ground.
My own opinion is that 55,000 would be a good size. Pack it every week and have a great atmosphere. I think once its goes to 60k+ its more likely to end up with Everton playing in front of lots of blue seats. It's depressing when you see seeing games at the likes of Sunderland and Middlesbrough when the ground isn't full.

People are placing too much emphasis on capacity reflecting ambition. Not many players would choose Lazio/Inter/Napoli/Roma etc over Juventus even though all have much larger stadia.

A fantastic design, that creates an intense atmosphere and unique experience is far more important in my opinion.

Can you hear that?

The gentle swoosh of air down the Liverpool waterfront.

Your eyes transfixed down the front as it comes into view, a beacon of architectural splendour.

"Next stop, the MegaFon Liverpool Waterfront Stadium. Thank you for travelling on the Royal Blue Monorail."

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back