Headed for the Mersey bay
Cause I've got something to live for
And looks like Messi's gonna come our way

So I'm just gonna sit on the dock of the bay
Watching most teams get smashed away
Ooo, I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Watchin Claaaas

;)

Better, see what some positivity does for it ;)

The real question here: what will happen with the Old Lady. Permanent home of our Ladies Football Club after we buy them and give them proper funding? Maybe we create Everton Rugby Club to play there too? I would hate to see Goodison being demolished for a parking lot or apartments.

Sell it to Sunderland!

Since none of it is listed I expect it to all to go, as long as the pitch stays green im happy, but it needs to be some kind of sporting area for kids in the local community.

The real question here: what will happen with the Old Lady. Permanent home of our Ladies Football Club after we buy them and give them proper funding? Maybe we create Everton Rugby Club to play there too? I would hate to see Goodison being demolished for a parking lot or apartments.

Sell it to Sunderland!

Since none of it is listed I expect it to all to go, as long as the pitch stays green im happy, but it needs to be some kind of sporting area for kids in the local community.

I hate to say this, but it'll probably end up being a Lidl.

Yes, people shouldn't underestimate the impact obscured viewing has on our demand for tickets. I often don't bother because only obstructed view seats are left available, and I won't be the only one. I think a bigger Goodison with no obstructed views would easily fill 50k regularly, if not every week, regardless of form. With a more centrally-located stadium and better transport links than now, I'd imagine 60k is perfectly reasonable.

Having said that, as long as the stadium is on BM dock, is a boss design that generates great atmosphere, I'd be perfectly happy with 55k as a first phase, with the ability to add to it in the future.
Id love to have a higher weekly attendance than them lot....

There's obviously no realistic way the club will be paying ongoing costs for a 40k and a 60k stadium. If it stays as a stadium it surely won't be kept at anything like the same capacity in which case, is it still the same stadium?

Hate to say it, but Arsenal's solution was actually a decent compromise (forced on them as one stand is listed). Keep the stadium facade, the stands become homes and the pitch becomes gardens (see pic). You still get money from the site which can go towards the new place, but some of the old stadium is kept.

More likely though, it'll be sold to a developer or developed by the club itself and then sold. Sad when historic stadiums go, but probably what'll happen being realistic (e.g. 'Upton Gardens' - https://www.barratthomes.co.uk/new-homes/greater-london/h7095-upton-gardens/)

highbury-square-arsenal-62.jpg

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back