New Everton Stadium

Spread the word
369204737_l-1-.webp

Can someone give me the cliff notes version of where we stand on the stadium? Too lazy to go back through the thread.

Thanks in advance.

New Stadium announcement doesn't give us automatic bragging rights in my eyes.
Even if we filled it week in week out and it could be 100 thousand seater stadium for £5 a season ticket that still doesn't guarantee us success, or enable us to rub other club's noses in it.
It would only be our new home to watch the blues and a platform to showcase our Club.

Equally getting all Braggy about it is nonsense because in a heartbeat the Saudi Royal Family could turnaround and buy the Reds and Build a 200k seater stadium in the sky, and suddenly we lose this weird banter battle that seems to be developing amongst some.

We've waited a long time and often with no sense of hope that we could ever compete again, so this wait and ground move will allow us in the future to reclaim our rightful position as one of the most important football clubs in the world.

It's happening, too much has been said and too many are commenting like never before for this to be a false dawn.

I understand the sceptism and apprehension, but if you really know your history you'd know we were founding members of the football league, that we have had the best stadium in the land at times and that for the majority of footballs existence in this great city we were the most successful and supported club for more years to date than the reds.

We need to remember our seniority, and assert our position again as the number 1 club in this proud City.
Overtaking their trophy achievements may take decades, but we must have the ambition to do it and believe it as fans. Just because they have looked down at us for years and mock our recent insignificance doesn't mean that that's the status quo position for ever.

For all the heads of fallen off jokes, we need perspective, a new ground doesn't make us better.
But equally don't let the short term doldrums in our illustrious history convince you that we don't have it in us to be the best in the land again.

According to Kopites the UU Waterworks stink. Can't say I've ever noticed any time I've been near Stanley Dock or Saltney Street or stood outside BMD.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back