New Everton Stadium

If any inspiration from current stadiums around the world has been used by our Dan, I'm hoping it's the Lucas Oil Stadium. Have the inside like Juve's stadium (Surprised to learns it's capacity is a low 41,000).
I'm not just singling you out here Friend because it gets mentioned quite a lot by other posters, but honestly, that Lucas Oil stadium is an utter monstrosity, one of the ugliest things I've ever seen, it's like someone's lashed a footy pitch and seats in the heritage market.

Swerve that.

I'm not just singling you out here Friend because it gets mentioned quite a lot by other posters, but honestly, that Lucas Oil stadium is an utter monstrosity, one of the ugliest things I've ever seen, it's like someone's lashed a footy pitch and seats in the heritage market.

Swerve that.

Agreed. It's like making a footy stadium out of Battersea Power Station. Dodge.

Swerve that.
It's terrible.

It looks like a mausoleum or the Kremlin or Battersea power station or some such 'kin thing.

I honestly don't see the attraction to it. We want something modern and new and unseen, I want levitating seats, I want tubes that deliver food and drink that you simply pay for with your Apple Watch, I want free wifi, I want iPads in the backs of seats so you can check the other scores, I want modern things, I don't want historical arl looking crap, if (and that's a big F off if) we are moving on then let's leave this traditionalist bollocks behind.

Swerve that.

No no no no. Each to their own. But it's an example of how to consider the environment and history of what and importantly where you are building. No unoriginal bowl, or metal monstrosity. The look is rather industrial granted, and it needs to look more like a 'Stadium' on the outside. But I do like the Lucas Oil stadium.

Like I said, I hope it's just inspiration, more so how it merges with the surroundings rather than saying 'yeah just copt that'.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back