New Everton Stadium

LOL at 5pm though.

People have heard 4pm, I heard 10:30/11, he's just picking a time like it's a sweepstake.

Because if he gets it right he is numero uno itk, if its wrong, then he can spin it to be something else - timetable changed, or that he meant the release of some piece or other by club or journos

if LCC were "loaning" the money in order for.us to build it, even though they'll make a profit in return long term, would the sweetener first the deal be that they want the stadium to hold the commonwealth games as Joe has mentioned Liverpool as a candidate. Surely he would only mention that if he knew it was possible to build a new multi purpose stadium?

At this rate I'm expecting everyone to gather at the docks for a news conference where Mosh tells everyone about the new stadium. Then he finishes with "...and here it is now!"

An enormous barge comes up the River Mersey with the completely built stadium on it. The dock magically drains and a fleet of workmen appear out of nowhere to pull the stadium off the barge and lock it in place. Ready to roll for Leicester on 9 April.

lollol brilliant

They'll probably be treating it as an investment. Build it, hold the commonwealth games to bring tourism / investment into the city and then sell it on to Everton or a pension fund a few years down the line. That's what Manchester City Council ended up doing.
If i'm understanding what has been said correctly the council will have more money not less.

Say i need a loan of £10,000 but the bank won't give it to me or only at high interest rates, I ask my dad to take out the loan for me and I pay him back whatever it costs plus £50 on top, then he is getting something for nothing.

Thanks for the responses. The mutants across the park wont see it that way. As I expected, this has the potential to cause a ****storm.

BBC reporters analysis of the invest to earn scheme concerning USM FF.

"This is one of the schemes which mayor Joe Anderson calls "invest to earn". It's one of his flagship policies and something he's very proud of.

The idea is that the council buys an asset - sometimes borrowing money at a very low interest rate - and then rents it to an organisation to make a profit in the long term.

Now, as we know, the council's funding from central government has reduced over the past six years so they've had to be creative when it comes to generating income.

The council bought Finch Farm in 2013 for about £13m and rented it to Everton on a long lease.

They're getting about £200,000 a year profit and the lease has nearly 37 years left to run."

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back