New Everton Stadium

It's a fantastic deal for both parties. LCC effectively gets free money, the club gets a cheap loan.
Remember Moshiri and Usmanovs letter to Arsenal where they complained about the massive debt for the ground being a millstone on the club for years? Moshiri is avoiding that - our debt will be sustainable and manageable for 30 years.
Our part of the finance will include naming rights for the stadium.

Now, how can I keep up with the news without reading the Red Echo updates...?

I am only mildly interested in the cost, I am much more interested in the design and functionality of the stadium. This stadium needs to be our home for hundreds of years to come

This was posted by someone (NeilW) on The Peoples' Forum - has more detail than I've been told. Obviously I can't vouch for it...

We will see but what I have been told tonight

Posted by neilw
invisible.gif
user_silhouette.png
on March 22, 2017, 10:56 pm, in reply to "Is it s P3 as I suggested yesterday ? nt"

Is that EFC are utilising LCC's access to cheaper funding with LCC acting as guarantor & picking up a fee from EFC equivalent of 1%,of the capital upfront and 0.25% annually which still means EFC accessing funds at c. 3-3.5% vs7-8% and at a fixed rate.

Having said this I do not know how the person who told me this would know so pinch off salt for now!

Which would work out as a saving on the stadium of around 12-15m per year - over the terms of a 30 year loan would be astronomical savings (360-450m saved in interest payments)

Wow, absolutely amazing deal if this is what it turns out to be.

Aye the critics of our proposed cost often site the entire cost of the spurs complex build - not the stadium itself, and also conveniently forget Liverpool and London costs for building are different altogetehr
It would be interesting to see which costs are fixed and which are geographically variable. Steel would cost the same for both projects, no?

Arsenals was a similar deal. They actually took a far bigger risk and gambled for 10 years ahead being income based on CL qualification. The money in today's game makes the loan far more manageable (Especially if further down the line there is a naming rights deal - which you can probably guess where or who that will come from).
Aye, that's what I mean, I sincerely hope we don't need to finish top 4 for 30 years to avoid defaulting.

This is from RAWK!! lollol:bye::bye::bye:

Facts are, this whole push by them to get a new stadium is rooted in their sheer horror when we built the new Main Stand. I know it fried the brains of many Bitters, and even prompted their club to build a ridiculous tower in the corner of their ground to block out the view of ours. Everything they do is driven by what we do, and this new stadium thing is no different. To be honest, without us as the benchmark which they always strive to surpass (and always fail) I think they'd have slid into oblivion long ago. Without us to measure themselves against, they simply have no other genuine ambition or cause. I imagine they believe a new stadium is some sort of game changer, but if we look around, how many other new build stadiums have been massive game changers? It's like all their fans care about is penis waving. It's actually hilarious to witness.
Whoever wrote that should be sectioned

Odds on some plassie who's never been to Anfield

It would be interesting to see which costs are fixed and which are geographically variable. Steel would cost the same for both projects, no?

Costs of buying raw materials would be - as for shipping, labour and infrastructure costs - way way higher for spurs, same for land purchases etc

Also dunno who/what deals where done for spurs - fixed rates for materials or buying as needed almost, changing costs during the project can dramatically change the final figures i guess.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back