New Everton Stadium

I think they are more pissed with the idea the council are footing the bill and taking the moral high ground saying it's in bad taste spending money on a stadium when the city of Liverpool is in a poor state economically.
But the council are allowed to if it brings them a profit. Our repayments will have a low interest rate but it could make them £1m a year... Totally legal.

:)

Health and safety bods are doing so much overtime at the moment at an@lfied due to trip hazards there seems to have been a plague of heads just random falling off it starts with it never going to happen phase, then I'm not arsed phase, then we have a new stand phase, then it could happen phase, then it's happening can we start a petition phase, crap the petition didn't work phase, it's defo happening red in the face shouting phase, then to the council are paying for it I hate everyone it should be our year every year phase, then how can the council do this to the city phase, to I'm skiving off work to see if it is happening phase, finally to its announced phase followed by a slight look up to the sky whilst shouting why wasn't I chosen while even more red faced then a head roll and flop (Juergen Flopp style) there heads hit the deck faster than Gerrard did on there title give away year.
Ha ha more fumes than Runcorn

But the council are allowed to if it brings them a profit. Our repayments will have a low interest rate but it could make them £1m a year... Totally legal.

:)

Of course, they are too thick to understand that LCC are NOT footing the bill at all, merely acting as guarantor. It's £4m a year free money for the council

This LCC part worries me a touch, we all have our blue tinted glasses on saying its a fantastic deal.

What happens if the TV deal money goes pop and we default leaving a massive burden on the coffers of LCC when cuts are destroying local services.

Never mind Liverpool fans, you will get people who have no interest in football concerned with the risk. A few disconcerting voices and an investigation takes place.

But, we are working on rumours and hearsay currently. Let's wait and see the details before spotting the potential problems.

Here is my biggest hope.....

If the City Council is in on the financial deal does that mean that planning is more or less agreed in principle?? This is arguably a bigger issue than the finance as no PP means no build.

There will still need to be the formal process, which will allow troglodytes to lodge objections, but if the principle is accepted by LCC planners, then that is a massive hill climbed.

The details can be worked out in due course.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back