New Everton Stadium

In this day and age, you need business acumen or you end up like Leeds !!!
I want trophies as much as the next Evertonian, but I also don't want the club to go t1ts up either spending money we haven't got in order to try and win trophies. We need serious investment to sort out our stadium problem AND to continue to improve the playing squad and you need business acumen to achieve both, so I for one do give a f@ck about it.
Fair enough but can we actually do anything about it?

19 matches
11,000 seats
£60 a ticket
= £12,540,000

They'd need to charge £95 a ticket to make £20mil, unless they're planning on a full run in all cup competitions.

Corporate hospitality.

Even if there was no corporate hospitality, which there will be, you're still talking about an extra 13 million coming their way, whilst we operate at a far lower level.

I would counter that it suggests our fan base is wary of being prepared to pay £40+ for footie in a stadium that we love, but has too many obstructed view seats... and the club take that into account when setting ticket prices. For example, 36,000 paying £36 per game is £1,296,000 as against 30,000 paying £40 per game for £1,200,000 together with reduced programme, food and beverage and merchandise sales.
Times are hard for a lot of our fan base and I feel the club tries hard to be fair to as many as possible. Everton resist the temptation to unduly squeeze the fans unlike other clubs... as we still have fans who complain about the current prices. You could argue that the club should not listen to what appears to be a minority, but as we're not in full possession of the facts and figures, I think we have to err on the side of maybe the club are trying to fair to all parties as much as possible.

Like i say mate no one wants to die but everyone wants to,go to heaven, business acumen and what not.

I would suggest that Mike Ashley who attends just about every Newcastle game, home and away, does have some football interest, but won't aimlessly throw money at the club to 'buy' success.
I know a well-connected businessman in Newcastle - who has no particular interest in football - and he tells me that Ashley has worked wonders with the Newcastle finances and turned the club around massively. Ashley certainly alienates himself from some of the rank and file NUFC supporters, but he's also introduced some brilliant ticket campaigns and multi-year season ticket deals that will continue to see that club enjoy near full houses for years to come irrespective of their die-hard, watch anything mentality.
As far as Mansour and MCFC, I'll grant you that Mansour appears not to be looking for profit from the club... and his interests in and around the East Manchester area are huge in terms of re-development etc that should ultimately benefit the local community massively.

To be fair mate, you could change Ashley with Bill there and not be wrong about Everton.

It's like something out of the Lego movie, it's an absolute kip.

Those who think they are going to make close to 8mill a game, on hotdogs and scarfs are of their rockers. Like the rest of us they'll get there chips outside and FFs you only have one neck.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back