New Everton Stadium

I have no idea what the number is but in my opinion i'd say that obstructed views puts far more than 10,000 of our fans off from attending for games like this. The main factor for this particular match, aside from the non-standard kick off time, is that Leicester have returned 1,200 tickets. The Burnley and Chelsea games sold out 3-4 weeks before because we didn't have another 1,200 from the away team's allocation to sell.

The standard prices for this Leicester game are too high for the opposition and that's shown in the time it has taken to sell out. £39 for the Lower Gwladys, £42 for the Paddock and Upper Gwladys, £44 in the Main Stand and Upper Bullens.

I've got a season ticket so don't ever have to pay them one off prices but there is no way I would pay out £39-£44 for a back row obstructed view ticket for a game against 11th placed Leicester. I respect anyone who will. However, if it was the same opposition at similar prices at a new 55,000 seater stadium on the waterfront with a good view, then my decision would be made far easier and would potentially go.

The cruise liner terminal is going where the old cattle jetty is now (The rotten wooden structure)

I have no idea what the number is but in my opinion i'd say that obstructed views puts far more than 10,000 of our fans off from attending for games like this. The main factor for this particular match, aside from the non-standard kick off time, is that Leicester have returned 1,200 tickets. The Burnley and Chelsea games sold out 3-4 weeks before because we didn't have another 1,200 from the away team's allocation to sell.

The standard prices for this Leicester game are too high for the opposition and that's shown in the time it has taken to sell out. £39 for the Lower Gwladys, £42 for the Paddock and Upper Gwladys, £44 in the Main Stand and Upper Bullens.

I've got a season ticket so don't ever have to pay them one off prices but there is no way I would pay out £39-£44 for a back row obstructed view ticket for a game against 11th placed Leicester. I respect anyone who will. However, if it was the same opposition at similar prices at a new 55,000 seater stadium on the waterfront with a good view, then my decision would be made far easier and would potentially go.

The Upper Visitors has sold out to home fans apart from a few isolated seats. Probably about 25 seats left in the whole ground ,all singles.

Bang on.

Believe me when l say this but there is so much love for Everton outside of Liverpool that a new 60k+ stadium would easily be filled. Most people want an alternative to the likes of the RS and Manure but can't go to GP because of parking restrictions around the ground and availability of tickets. A new stadium with better access/parking and increased capacity will have them flocking there. It's a given!

Needs to be minimum 55k, 57-58k would be a very good size just hope it's not 50k as thats way too small.
As yourself and others have mentioned, a 55k capacity should be the minimum however equally we shouldn't overstretch ourselves.

Close or reaching to 60k would be optimal for me, as long as there's flexibility to extend this if and when it is necessary, but less would be woeful.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back