New Everton Stadium

Technically they have committed to the consultation but not necessarily committed to what fans will be consulted over as the comments are all rolled into one...

“Clearly, it is vital we have clarity on cost and we have to recognise that the stadium will be significantly more expensive at Bramley Moore Dock.

“To get that certainty, and ensure the stadium is affordable, we need to confirm stadium design, capacity and configuration.

“And to do that, we need to talk to fans, partners and all stakeholders in the project."

Staggering that some of our fans think the regular matchoing support will be consulted about what the capacity etc will be lol. Few fans will be included in any discussions and Everton will have already have a clear view of what they want to do except for a few tweaks. As someone else said later on, if the fans wanted 80,000 do people think they'd compromise and build 70,000? Or if some Kopites hijack a GOT or Liverpool Echo Poll we'll build a 38,000 seater bowl?

The club will be making progress behind the scenes which is exactly how it should be.

And what about when the fans all say they want a 80,000 seater stadium, are the club going to give it to them? Of course not, so why bother asking?

Surely it will be more to do with the stadium type and its facilities no ? We want traditional four sided stadium, some want the leicht (help me here) design taken from goodison as a link between old and new. Others want a completely new look, leave Goodison to be special for the traditionalists, new start, new design so to speak.

Using this thread to link stadiums and attracting a global fanbase, i would like our new stadium to be something from, Dortmund/munich/san siro/bilbao/Juventus.

I want to visit Juventus new stadium (actually all of the above) at some point, what do you think the reception would be for a scouser to visit Turin ? Of course I mean the hostility over Heysel ? Has the animosity died down a little bit ?

Surely it will be more to do with the stadium type and its facilities no ? We want traditional four sided stadium, some want the leicht (help me here) design taken from goodison as a link between old and new. Others want a completely new look, leave Goodison to be special for the traditionalists, new start, new design so to speak.
The club simply will not be able to please the fans. It'd be a crazy idea to consult them on major issues like stadium design.

Bill wants a boy's pen, and parking for uncle Cyril's bike.

Using this thread to link stadiums and attracting a global fanbase, i would like our new stadium to be something from, Dortmund/munich/san siro/bilbao/Juventus.

I want to visit Juventus new stadium (actually all of the above) at some point, what do you think the reception would be for a scouser to visit Turin ? Of course I mean the hostility over Heysel ? Has the animosity died down a little bit ?

How will they know you're a scouser? Will you go in a full RS kit, carry a plastic bag full of beer cans, sport a permed mop and tash and bang on about the Beatles?

The club simply will not be able to please the fans. It'd be a crazy idea to consult them on major issues like stadium design.

I think the club have got everyone on board regarding BMD, so we at least avoid the debacle of Kirby vote.
It would be nice to believe we have some input. I know what you mean of course, but couldn't we maybe have say one representative from each recognised fan forum be the voice for their forum ? Maybe even do some sort of correspondence with season ticket holders/evertonian members to suggest little touches to the stadium ?

Im sure there is a way to involve the fans, I completely understand your view on it though. Imagine letting the boys here design the stadium, be badly drawn dinosaurs on the outside as a stadium mascot.

How will they know you're a scouser? Will you go in a full RS kit, carry a plastic bag full of beer cans, sport a permed mop and tash and bang on about the Beatles?

I will be sporting a trackie, 110's, blag mustache with a jimmy corkhill shirt underneath. Telling the Ultra's to Calm down, calm down, oiii Mario put that flare out before someone gets burnt.

I quite like the idea of an outdoor cigar and Scotch bar on the second floor looking out onto the Mersey.

A range of Everton smoking jackets as well.
My reference to smoking a Woodbine was, in fact, in the days when I was in the boy's pen - with Bill - and I
hope I live long enough to enjoy the conditions you describe.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back