New Everton Stadium

Top down view of the stands+pitch at the new White Hart Lane.

View attachment 36889
Looks great mate!...if we could add 4 @Bungle penis towers, away fans well out of the way, 2 × 1 tier home ends & Suntan Bob and Bill statues as you enter...ok wow!
...perfect!
DEXATI20170516233848-1079x1079.webp

Hopefully, Mr Meis has been charged with setting some sort of precedence with our design,a mould breaker of sorts as far as this country is concerned....On a budget mind.

I think he's bought into the club,and after spending so much time lately in and around the place wouldn't be so naive to think we will accept something like the Roma stadium.

I recognise that he may not be everyone's first chose on here .....NO NAMES DAVE ;) but he obviously recognises that this is some what of a special case and will require a lot of sensitivity and thought due to what us lot are like....

I personally think he will nail it and it will go down as one of his most brilliant accomplishment and personal favourites.

It will cost far more to extend by 10,000 than just building a 60k instead of a 50k to start with. Man city will have added 14000 seats at a cost of 120 million when they have finished the third tier on the remaining two tier end, that's £8571 per seat. Compare to Meis price of around £6000 a seat and the fact that it would be probably a bit cheaper again as he gave a quote on a 50k stadium.

I like the idea of a small-ish upper tier built onto the main stand that can be closed off if we have problems selling out, but personally i don't think that will be the case.

Excellent post.

If we go for the small option, we'll be stuck with it. Stadia expansion is simply too prohibitive in terms of cost.

It will cost far more to extend by 10,000 than just building a 60k instead of a 50k to start with. Man city will have added 14000 seats at a cost of 120 million when they have finished the third tier on the remaining two tier end, that's £8571 per seat. Compare to Meis price of around £6000 a seat and the fact that it would be probably a bit cheaper again as he gave a quote on a 50k stadium.

I like the idea of a small-ish upper tier built onto the main stand that can be closed off if we have problems selling out, but personally i don't think that will be the case.

Excellent post.

If we go for the small option, we'll be stuck with it. Stadia expansion is simply too prohibitive in terms of cost.

It's no good having a 50k stadium that's sold out every week if you have no room to manoeuvre, a 60k with even 5k unsold seats is generating more money, you have to factor in the additional food, ale, programmes, merchandise sold etc. Bramley Moore is going to be open seven days a week generating money, whether that be for concerts, events, conferences, stadium tours, and I have a sneaking feeling for week long eating and drinking too. I also believe a new home for the Everton Collection will be found. It's going to be a cash cow. We'll have secured ourselves a place as a top team by then too so extra tv revenue. There's so many money making avenues Moshiri will be exploring. When this is built, the area will be being developed all round, Central Docks, Ten Streets, in years to come, this will be considered town, we'll have a stadium in town! Bring it on, Moshiri knows its importance.

Spot on.

The footprint looks fine with the sub-optimum East-West orientation, but stadiums are nearly always built with a North-South orientation. Someone's being a bit sly with those mock-ups.

Either the club are going to build with the 'wrong' orientation because of the shape of the plot, or it's going to be a tighter squeeze than those mock-ups are showing. Not impossible to get a 60k stadium on a site that size with North-South orientation, but it looks tight...

I've done a quick comparison of the dock site and the Emirates -
http://mapmerizer.mikavaa.com/#17;53.42518160473419;-3.002164367984046;51.55515533164641;-0.10855601719663355;Bramley Moore Dock;Emirates Stadium;hybrid;false;false;false

(Type in the name of any other stadium in the right hand box to compare. It'll scale automatically.)

It's going to be N/S otientation, running parallel to the river

We'll use part of Nelson Dock to allow this.

Maybe cost of building a 60k ... sorry 61878.. ;) may not be too much of a problem anymore with news coming from Arsenal via Sky Sprts News last night....How's this for a bit of wishful thinking.....
5-6 weeks ago there were all these big rumours of a Chinise consortium trying to by into Everton.
What if Moshiri said to his mate Usminov.. "There's Chinise consortium wanting to buy into Everton, do you want to get involved in here or not??
Usminov says... "Hang fire, I'll have one more go at buying the controlling stake in Arsenal and if I get the knock back, I'll come in with you at Everton"
Well 3 weeks ago he offers 1 billion for Arsenal and it looks like it's been knocked back..yet again.... he's leaked his offer to Sky Sports News so he can say to the Arsenal supporters 'look I've tried but I've been told to jog on again, so you can't blame me if I'm off and buy into Everton'
Make sense to you lot or just a deluded fantasy of a pint half full Blue with nothing better to do than dream stuff up? ;)

seriously need to sort the smell from the sewage plant out , Was around the area earlier in the week and it was terrible, hope its only during certain processes that they can postpone on match days !!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back