New Everton Stadium

It's in connection with the LDL style setup at Lancashire, robbed the public purse of tens of millions due to an elaborate setup with BT.

Nothing at all to do with Everton football club one bit
Nothing to do with us...when he's the feller that put the deal together (you dont think that divvy Anderson did the sums do you?)?

I'd say it's relevant in the extreme given this fellers remit is to do deals between the private sector and public sector.

How safe is this SPV idea?

Nothing to do with us...when he's the feller that put the deal together (you dont think that divvy Anderson did the sums do you?)?

I'd say it's relevant in the extreme given this fellers remit is to do deals between the private sector and public sector.

How safe is this SPV idea?

Dave, Ged Fitzgerald didn't do the sums either. Anderson is the politician, it's his job to drive business to the city not Fitzgerald, he's the one who puts people together.

Fitzgerald is the operating officer. He's been in trouble before, he was investigated because he was senior officer during the Rotherham abuse scandal.

The deal is signed and safe, CEO's leave office all the time, life expectancy of director is about 4 years so most have done good to last this long.

Fitzgerald or any CEO won't have the power to pull this or any other deal like this, they have responsibility for the day to day running of services, not the political decisions that drive them. It's why we have committees

So the implication is that the Everton stadium deal is dirty because this guy was involved with it ?
If this feller has been at the heart of the Everton stadium deal, and IF there is a case to answer for both the BT deal he did with Lancs County Council and the BT deal he did with LCC then there would be ramifications for any other deals.

That's what I would suggest. At the very least there would be disruption to the process of the BMD scheme timetable.

If this feller has been at the heart of the Everton stadium deal, and IF there is a case to answer for both the BT deal he did with Lancs County Council and the BT deal he did with LCC then there would be ramifications for any other deals.

That's what I would suggest. At the very least there would be disruption to the process of the BMD scheme timetable.

He wasn't involved in the deal with LCC

Dave, Ged Fitzgerald didn't do the sums either. Anderson is the politician, it's his job to drive business to the city not Fitzgerald, he's the one who puts people together.

Fitzgerald is the operating officer. He's been in trouble before, he was investigated because he was senior officer during the Rotherham abuse scandal.

The deal is signed and safe, CEO's leave office all the time, life expectancy of director is about 4 years so most have done good to last this long.

Fitzgerald or any CEO won't have the power to pull this or any other deal like this, they have responsibility for the day to day running of services, not the political decisions that drive them. It's why we have committees
Fitzgerald was head hunted to procure private sector deals. He's right at the heart of this BMD deal. He's not some bureaucrat filing papers.

Fitzgerald was head hunted to procure private sector deals. He's right at the heart of this BMD deal. He's not some bureaucrat filing papers.

No he was not; utter bull. He's there to lead the day to day operations of the council under the direction of the mayor and cabinet who decide the direction of the council.

Things like BMD, regeneration areas like edge lane development falls under the guise of the mayor to attract development and put the deals together. The CEO ensures this is seen through

No he was not; utter bull. He's there to lead the day to day operations of the council under the direction of the mayor and cabinet who decide the direction of the council.

Things like BMD, regeneration areas like edge lane development falls under the guise of the mayor to attract development and put the deals together. The CEO ensures this is seen through

He was hired to 'build stronger links with business and enterprise to attract investment and new jobs'.

His own words.

Well he is out the way now so I can't see any problems

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back