New Everton Stadium

He's unprofessional.
Perhaps in courting the fans he's being very smart indeed. Taste is highly subjective and tens of thousands of passionate and demanding Evertonians will be hard to please.
Having already established a warm rapport with the fans will make it much easier to sell budget dictated design characteristics.
I'm remaining hopeful Mosh will raise the funding but given the war chest looks like nothing but a marketing tool I expect Meiss will have to economise.

Perhaps in courting the fans he's being very smart indeed. Taste is highly subjective and tens of thousands of passionate and demanding Evertonians will be hard to please.
Having already established a warm rapport with the fans will make it much easier to sell budget dictated design characteristics.
I'm remaining hopeful Mosh will raise the funding but given the war chest looks like nothing but a marketing tool I expect Meiss will have to economise.
I distrust them all mate. Moshiri wont give a damn about costs tbf because he wont be paying them or around to see them paid by the club. Meis is just a self serving businessman.

He's the Kopite of stadium designers. Always beating his own chest and a media whore to boot.
Good Lord. Sometimes I don't know what you want. Half the time you bang on about to much secrecy. The next it's the stadium designer let us knowing his views....and that's unprofessional.

FFS. Sit back and enjoy the ride. Believe it or not but EFC aren't going to dance to your tune.

We are in transformation. You won't agree with it all, you might dislike bits. But this is certainly better than 2 years ago so when the stadium designer posts positive quotes, don't try any make it a negative.

I distrust them all mate. Moshiri wont give a damn about costs tbf because he wont be paying them or around to see them paid by the club. Meis is just a self serving businessman.
And now Dan Meis is a problem? Meis is a friggin architect that has tremendous pressure to make an amazing stadium. Is he self-serving? Yes. And so friggin what? It's benefiting Everton and him.

I don't think Meis does an economy stadium, if he suddenly resigns then we will know there have been cost pressures.

Meis has an ideal of stadia that are value for money. He feels that the model of $1bn + stadia are unsustainable. With this in mind, what I believe we will get is a stadium that will eek out every bit of money that we spend on it. An innovative solution, that will fit its surroundings.

My only worry is that internally, it looks very American.

Meis has an ideal of stadia that are value for money. He feels that the model of $1bn + stadia are unsustainable. With this in mind, what I believe we will get is a stadium that will eek out every bit of money that we spend on it. An innovative solution, that will fit its surroundings.

Hot Dogs, Popcorn, and scantily clad scrubbers jiggling their wobbly bits around?

Hot Dogs, Popcorn, and scantily clad scrubbers jiggling their wobbly bits around?

Well if you put it like that...

th

Sorry I should have explained myself better, I believe Meis has a vision and if he gets told 'what if we can do without this part' or 'if we use corrugated sheets here', he will walk. He would not be interested in glorified Kirkby, he makes statement buildings. No way would you look at Roma's design and immediately think 'budget'.

If he can reduce costs while keeping what he has in his mind then i'm sure he will.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back