New Everton Stadium

I think we may try top Spurs for the 2nd biggest club stadia after United.

Second biggest, boo, I want to one day for us to be the biggest. Nil Satis nisi optimum.

Really pleased at 60000 but only as a starter, must be able to expand to be biggest club ground in England. That's what we should be asking the club about now.

There's a lot of nonsense being talked here about lack of professionalism. The professions have moved with the times. It wasn't so long ago that it was considered beneath them to advertise their services.

Twitter has become a valuable tool for business. There's nothing wrong with promoting your business in today's world. All the professions now utilise social media. It's not considered unprofessional to use it unless you create a conflict of interest, breach ethics, or disclose confidential information.

I think it's great that Dan Meis engages with the Everton fans, and has a bit of fun with it. It's great that he seems so personally engaged in, and excited by the project, rather than just signing off on a design prepared by someone working under him.

I'd love to know why people say this is unprofessional.

The comment about lack of professionalism was trolling to be honest mate, he is one of the leading names in the world in his field, dosent get more professional then him. Professionals engage with people and gain valuable information with them and Twitter when used in the right way is a great way to do that.

Second biggest, boo, I want to one day for us to be the biggest. Nil Satis nisi optimum.

Really pleased at 60000 but only as a starter, must be able to expand to be biggest club ground in England. That's what we should be asking the club about now.
Of course.

I think United are trying to expand to 88,000, though, as technology has advanced and they're shutting the station down behind one of the stands.

So we are asking the club to build the biggest ground in the country?

Lets see how often we fill 60k before we get ahead of ourselves.

He's the Kopite of stadium designers. Always beating his own chest and a media whore to boot.
I find it a real shame that you have such a jaundiced view of our club and anyone connected with it. This could be one of the most exciting periods our club has had for many years, so why not just give them all a chance to get us to where we want to be without vilifying everything they do or say. For instance, your constant references to Moshiri as "this feller" is pretty poor considering he is the guy who is giving us this opportunity, and should be treated with respect.

So we are asking the club to build the biggest ground in the country?

Lets see how often we fill 60k before we get ahead of ourselves.
Build for expansion. You have to get ahead of yourselves to do that. Are any of the stands being built to allow for an extension of 20-30 rows or an extra tier in case it is ever needed?

The Ground has to make money, just having the 2nd 3rd biggest ground etc means nothing if it doesn't make you money? Needs to be sensible thought given to demand and ability to price tickets and the demand for corporate boxes etc. Having a huge ground that is a drain on resources is a complete waste of time.
Shouldn't be to hung up on the capacity, a fantastic atmospheric stadium, with great facilities which looks great with a 55000 capacity would still be amazing.
If its 60000 then great but not the be all and end all.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back