New Everton Stadium

Just because we've spent some money in the transfer window doesn't mean you can have concerns about the stadium where we plan to be for over 100 years.

It's a huge worry this is even being considered.

Just because we've spent some money in the transfer window doesn't mean you can have concerns about the stadium where we plan to be for over 100 years.

It's a huge worry this is even being considered.
Why is it a worry? The actual quotes from the man who is designing the stadium should be enough

It is possible to have a track in the stadium without compromising the football aspect of the stadium.

Any examples?

As far as I'm concerned, the council should be giving us tens of millions to allow this to happen.

Very disappointing.

Football and athletics should never be held in the same stadium.

Hope we lose the bid.

It will of course be revenue driven.

No football club starts with the compromise of athletics for their stadium without some financial support.

In fairness thoe, he's not going to come out an say 'it's gonna look absolutely turd lads, soz abar me' is he, it's understandable that people will have apprehension's about the stadium when you hear temporary running track or athletics being incorporated

But, but, but - he's sound on twitter. Tweets he's now a blue an everything.

As per Meis tweet it will be a temporary track

You still need the stadium to be reconfigurable to do that unless you had a bowl shaped ground (Hampden) to start with. If you look at what the Etihad was like during the games to have a squared off upper tier you need more space the other end.

It may just be possible if both ends are single tiers but they would have to have a shallower rake and still be quite tall meaning the back of the stands will be further from the pitch than optimal.

In fairness thoe, he's not going to come out an say 'it's gonna look absolutely turd lads, soz abar me' is he, it's understandable that people will have apprehension's about the stadium when you hear temporary running track or athletics being incorporated
So he is going to lie? He has distinctly said the stadium is being designed with atmosphere and intimacy in mind, he isn't going to lie about that is he

You still need the stadium to be reconfigurable to do that unless you had a bowl shaped ground (Hampden) to start with. If you look at what the Etihad was like during the games to have a squared off upper tier you need more space the other end.

It may just be possible if both ends are single tiers but they would have to have a shallower rake and still be quite tall meaning the back of the stands will be further from the pitch than optimal.
Again that is something I will leave to a world renowned expert who says it can be done

But, but, but - he's sound on twitter. Tweets he's now a blue an everything.

Exactly, some people can be too easily swayed by what their told (by somebody who is doing a paid job by the club by the way),

I think it's better that Evertonians voice their concerns now to the powers that be so we're not all sitting in a compromsed stadium, fuming about it when it's to late, do people need reminding about the infamous badgegate

Exactly, some people can be too easily swayed by what their told (by somebody who is doing a paid job by the club by the way),

I think it's better that Evertonians voice their concerns now to the powers that be so we're not all sitting in a compromsed stadium, fuming about it when it's to late, do people need reminding about the infamous badgegate
Again why would he lie about it? He would be completely neutral about it all and not commit to anything, but he has commode to atmosphere and intimacy FACT

So he is going to lie? He has distinctly said the stadium is being designed with atmosphere and intimacy in mind, he isn't going to lie about that is he

Well put it this way, if I was getting paid to design a stadium, I wouldnt be on twitter saying I'm right out of my depth here boys, does anyone think the reebok stadium looks sound, I trust it will look great but just don't take people's word for it on twitter, ask questions and voice concerns instead of being led 100% devoted to stanger is all I'm saying

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back