New Everton Stadium

Surely the City of Manchester Stadium / The Etihad was exactly the same scenario? Hosted athletics for one summer and then they took out the track?

They only had what is the middle tier on the main stands above ground before they dug down creating the lower tier you see today. They also had one end missing to allow the space for the track.

Sounds like we will have a temporary stand or one that retracts. Search this thread for commonwealth games, you will see it's been discussed to death with possible solutions.

They only had what is the middle tier on the main stands above ground before they dug down creating the lower tier you see today. They also had one end missing to allow the space for the track.

Sounds like we will have a temporary stand or one that retracts. Search this thread for commonwealth games, you will see it's been discussed to death with possible solutions.
As per Meis tweet it will be a temporary track

Surely the City of Manchester Stadium / The Etihad was exactly the same scenario? Hosted athletics for one summer and then they took out the track?
...and it now looks like a football stadium on the footprint of an athletics stadium.

Look at the distance between pitch and stands; the shallow stands that rise gently away from the pitch at a distance to the playing area.

It's a complete f.u. of a stadium.

...and it now looks like a football stadium on the footprint of an athletics stadium.

Look at the distance between pitch and stands; the shallow stands that rise gently away from the pitch at a distance to the playing area.

It's a complete f.u. of a stadium.
Lucky that's not what we are getting ;)

He has said SEVERAL times that it will be the track that is temporary, and it will NOT compromise on the design, atmosphere or intimacy of the stands to the pitch, isn't that enough?
I hope so. But retractable seats offer up re-use as an athletics stadium in Summer. This stadium is going to be working for its money so perhaps it's a possibility? How would it affect holding concerts and other events? Not to rehash 2288 pages but until we know the plans for the stadium we don't really know.

I am pretty sure that even a temporary track above ground level would not be possible without compromising the football design. They will of course tell you it is but I am pretty sure there wil be some board members that have enough architectural knowledge on here to confirm otherwise

If it does happen there would have to be a significant contribution from the council. Not just conversion costs. The big benefit would be the infrastructure around the stadium but I am still against this

It is possible to have a track in the stadium without compromising the football aspect of the stadium.

I hope so. But retractable seats offer up re-use as an athletics stadium in Summer. This stadium is going to be working for its money so perhaps it's a possibility? How would it affect holding concerts and other events? Not to rehash 2288 pages but until we know the plans for the stadium we don't really know.
Exactly, until we see any drawings/renderings we don't know for certain, BUT the information we do have is that of the man designing the stadium, and he is very specific in saying it will be a football stadium first and foremost

Exactly, until we see any drawings/renderings we don't know for certain, BUT the information we do have is that of the man designing the stadium, and he is very specific in saying it will be a football stadium first and foremost

People want the club to be innovators again but yet then say "it can't be done"

You've been doing the 'we don't deserve nice things' trope again haven't you Kevin.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back