New Everton Stadium

I always thought that was on the inside of the track?

Sometimes it is but I think top-level international track and field stadiums always have them on the outside e.g. London 2012:

p2630841a308549141.jpg

Moving these outside the stadium will help (though how it'd be received by the IAAF and CGF I don't know) but I think the ends are a bigger problem really. Still intruiged to see how this will work.

Sometimes it is but I think top-level international track and field stadiums always have them on the outside e.g. London 2012:

p2630841a308549141.jpg

Moving these outside the stadium will help (though how it'd be received by the IAAF and CGF I don't know) but I think the ends are a bigger problem really. Still intruiged to see how this will work.

Cheers mate, and @KUEFC09U2 @The binman chronicles

p2630841a308549141.jpg

It means the back of the end stands will be miles from the pitch.

It would be a very good time for the club to release some preliminary sketches of what is proposed.
Dan Meis is involved with the club for quite some time now and in a couple of years will be eligible for his testimonial.
There must be some ideas they can show the great unwashed.
It is the uncertainty that is causing upset.

Plans to host the Commonwealth Games will see Goodison remain in use even after Everton have moved to a new stadium at Bramley Moore Dock.

Liverpool has today revealed details of their bid to host the multi-sport event in 2022 and Goodison has been earmarked as the venue for the Games’ boxing tournament.

The Blues’ new home is being lined up to house a temporary athletics track which would be installed at the end of the 2021/22 season and removed before the start of the 2022/23 campaign.

But as part of the lasting legacy Everton hope to leave in L4, it has been agreed that Goodison would remain in use and host boxing finals should the city’s Games’ bid be successful.

Kevin Owens, who created the masterplan for the London 2012 Olympic park, has joined the Liverpool bid team to design its venues and on the use of Everton’s famous old ground he said: “We’re working with Everton on the new stadium but Goodison has got to play a role as well.

“We’re looking to build a temporary boxing arena at Goodison.

Everton chief executive Robert Elstone says the club are making “significant progress” in their plans to build a new ground on the waterfront, which forms a key part the city’s bid to host the Commonwealths.

Blues CEO Elstone said: “Everton Football Club is proud and excited to partner Liverpool City Council and support its commitment to delivering a landmark Commonwealth Games in 2022, one that will celebrate the city’s rich sporting history, showcasing the talent and energy within the Commonwealth.

“Significant progress is being made at Bramley Moore Dock and we are fully focused on the delivery of an iconic stadium which will complement and enhance the city’s world-famous waterfront and deliver much-needed regeneration benefits to north Liverpool.

“From the outset, our designers were tasked with developing an atmospheric and intimate stadium for our fans, attributes we know the City Council wishes to replicate for the Commonwealth Games.
“Having seen the work to date, we are confident that our teams will find that solution - a stadium that will meet the needs of the football club and provide a venue for a world-class Commonwealth Games Athletics programme.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...ew-stadium-goodison-lined-13195941#r3z-addoor

Any lads on here aritects?

Seriously I can't see how it works? Why have we agreed to this, what's the need for it?

Madness this is even being discussed IMO.

Hopefully someone else gets the bid

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back