New Everton Stadium

Gonna build ground first and if this shoite happens we will retract our pitch and a temporary track put in place .....no heads falling off lads

Everybody needs to calm down.....it'll be fine.....we'll just use this track...

article-2708389-2010CDE300000578-671_634x431.jpg

Due to the fact that I reckon they all know the murder it would cause I'm still fairly confident they can get the stadium right even with the temporary track being taken into consideration. What worries me is that West Ham fans were fed the same line on steep stands and being close to the pitch etc.

Promised this

_89229319_olympic_ap.jpg

And got this

Hammers-v-Juve.jpg

Due to the fact that I reckon they all know the murder it would cause I'm still fairly confident they can get the stadium right even with the temporary track being taken into consideration. What worries me is that West Ham fans were fed the same line on steep stands and being close to the pitch etc.

Promised this

_89229319_olympic_ap.jpg

And got this

Hammers-v-Juve.jpg

That was never ever planned as a football ground though, even as a contingency. In fact I'm sure part of the original bid was that it definitely wasn't going to become a football stadium.

I think people underestimate the dimensions of a running track. Even if it was built on a raised platform over the lower seats the stadium would have to have quite gently sloping stands for this to work. You couldn't do it in a stadium like Dortmund's with it's steep intimidating stands.

That was never ever planned as a football ground though, even as a contingency. In fact I'm sure part of the original bid was that it definitely wasn't going to become a football stadium.

I'm struggling to get my head around how they'll fit the track in though unless they have the whole stands on hinges and move the lot outwards and away from the pitch, unless they have a gradual low slope on the seats nearest to the pitch. As I say, reserving judgement until I see the plans but I can't quite process it.

I'm struggling to get my head around how they'll fit the track in though unless they have the whole stands on hinges and move the lot outwards and away from the pitch, unless they have a gradual low slope on the seats nearest to the pitch. As I say, reserving judgement until I see the plans but I can't quite process it.

Don't get me wrong, I have concerns too, but I just wonder if this has been in the works from day one of planning the stadium at Bramley Moore. If so it's fill me with much more hope than it being a late addition to an existing plan.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back