New Everton Stadium

So, if Joe is correct then 40k or lets say roughly 2/3 of the capacity will be sat further away than lane 8. Behind the goals that could be a long way away.

For balance they've said there will be nothing else along the side outside the track

_73841589_tv000242154(1).jpg

So, if Joe is correct then 40k or lets say roughly 2/3 of the capacity will be sat further away than lane 8. Behind the goals that could be a long way away.

For balance they've said there will be nothing else along the side outside the track

_73841589_tv000242154(1).jpg

Bout the size of it. We need to hear the plans to see if there is something we are missing or by that point hopefully Birmingham have been awarded the games. ;)

I would say if you would have offered me a stadium like the Etihad on the docks a year ago i would have been more than happy. I just hope there is a valid reason why we would mess around for the games.

Bout the size of it. We need to hear the plans to see if there is something we are missing or by that point hopefully Birmingham have been awarded the games. ;)

I would say if you would have offered me a stadium like the Etihad on the docks a year ago i would have been more than happy. I just hope there is a valid reason why we would mess around for the games.

Got to trust Meis. Let's see what he comes up with.

"Messing around for the games" will certainly help LCC justify financial support for the project and also see the surrounding area developed rather than just plonking the stadium in the middle of a brown field site.

"Messing around for the games" will certainly help LCC justify financial support for the project and also see the surrounding area developed rather than just plonking the stadium in the middle of a brown field site.

True but haven't we already got the green light for the guarantor loan and it's not like they wouldn't start building back towards town once we moved in anyhow. It could be the land value will shoot up once you have the athletes village there but then there is a chance Liverpool don't get the games at all, so we and the council must be prepared to continue regardless.

True but haven't we already got the green light for the guarantor loan and it's not like they wouldn't start building back towards town once we moved in anyhow. It could be the land value will shoot up once you have the athletes village there but then there is a chance Liverpool don't get the games at all, so we and the council must be prepared to continue regardless.
Agreed, just saying the games could help the process and I for one would like there to be an immovable deadline in the calendar for the stadium to be built and complete.

A thought:

Meis said on Twitter the Etihad solution wasn't ideal as it affected schedules. Because of that people (including me) have assumed building one end after the Games is a no-go.

But, maybe the problem he sees isn't that they built one stand after the Games, but that they had to dig down to make it work for football, meaning it couldn't be used for football until a year after the Commonwealth Games.

Wouldn't it be possible for the club to move into a three quarters completed stadium in 2021 (still a larger capacity than Goodison), lay a platform track inside it after that season and remove it before the 2022/23 season (as promised in the Mayor's letter) and build the final stand during that season with the stadium still in use.

That solution would get around the geometry of fitting a track into an "ideal" football stadium, would mean Everton could move into the stadium before the Games and use it the season afterwards unlike City, and it's consistent with everything the Mayor and Meis has said.

If the end left open was the Mersey end there would be a lot of balls lost in the river. Could get expensive. :-)

What are peoples thoughts on the orientation of the stadium and which end should be the home end? The site would seem to be suited to a stadium with the goals at the east and west end. Would you want the home end with the river behind it or the city?

What are peoples thoughts on the orientation of the stadium and which end should be the home end? The site would seem to be suited to a stadium with the goals at the east and west end. Would you want the home end with the river behind it or the city?

I'd imagine you want the away end closest to the Mersey due to the fact it would take longer to get away from the ground from there.

I'd rather they away fans struggle a bit more than us in that respect.

Another huge potential spanner, especially if you're getting a temporary track in and out...does anyone yet know when the 2022 football season starts? Remember, we've got a December World Cup to 'look forward to' that year.

There's been some speculation the 2022/23 season will start more than a month earlier so the season finishes on time, with a normal calendar returning for 2023/24. But that's just speculation.

Seriously, does anyone actually know the answer to this yet?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back