New Everton Stadium

It's a mock, he clearly says the designs aren't done yet and these are ideas, presumably for this presentation.

He's showing people who is clients are and his current jobs. Should he have just had a blank slide and said "I'm working Everton as well"
It's an early design. Not primitive and unrepresentative. He stated that this is the result of consultation about club history and culture with fans.

I have no idea how he has come out with that end result if he has been listening.

That wont FUNDAMENTALLY change that design. It'll be the subject of cosmetic tweaking.

The athletics track is an issue. We all thought it would be and it is.

What were the chances that you personally would love the 1st stadium designs Dave?

Absolute zero mate. Change your bills, compose yourself and just wait till the presentation is made to us. Then have your whinge.
I'm easily pleased mate: 4 stands - traditional, discrete, massive.

If I could chose what I wanted, it would look similar to the Aviva in Dublin on 3 sides like the photo. The fourth side would be the same size, but would replacing the two lower tiers and boxes with a big 'home end'.

295wtck.jpg
[/IMG]
295wtck.jpg
295wtck.jpg
[/IMG]

You could even have a smaller seated tier (though not as dramatic as the Aviva) at the city end which would give views and also a space for an additional tier in the future if demand warrants it.

Main thing for me is no corporate ring and the pitch far away killing the ends like the Emirates.

I'm easily pleased mate: 4 stands - traditional, discrete, massive.
So why don't you wait till the stadium design is presented to Evertonians before you fly off the handle.
Because you can't...you're desperate to berate the club at every turn.
Once the designs are officially released, if you don't like it, have your say by all means. But ffs Dave, you're like the Ayatollah!!!

It's an early design. Not primitive and unrepresentative. He stated that this is the result of consultation about club history and culture with fans.

I have no idea how he has come out with that end result if he has been listening.

That wont FUNDAMENTALLY change that design. It'll be the subject of cosmetic tweaking.

Lol

You really don't listen to anything, word for word:

"The design for Everton has not been exposed yet, these are some really early ideas, but again one of the things we really focus on is engaging with fans and the history of the site"

So NO, they are not designs because he clearly states that, these are concept drawings.

Lol dave, just Lol

From what I can make out, it looks a bit crap and nothing like what I was hoping for, stand on the right looks miles away from the pitch and the rake of the bottom tier looks very shallow, but he has said its an early concept and final designs never end up looking like their concept anyway.

Just use it as a chance to let him know thats not what we want and keep on banging the drum for steep stands etc

Word for word i believe he said 'these are some really early ideas' about our stadium mate in the presentation video in Cincinnati.

Not very early designs, not anything but what came out of his mouth, not the final idea or anything, hell he could have been showing a very early concept which had it bowl shaped etc before it was subsequently altered for all we know.

REALLY it is far far too little information to wet our pants about mate

Meis does indeed have an impossible task. Some will love the design, others will hate it. The bulk of people will probably be in-between when something official is released.

For me, the right capacity with enough to allow for a significant uplift in premium seating as well, to drive revenue, together with 4 stands close to the pitch to create a noisy, intimidating atmosphere, is what I'm looking for.

At the end of the day it will be a football stadium not a space ship. My two favourite stadia are those of Juventus and Borussia Dortmund and neither of those have 'iconic' designs but are known the world over. I think that word 'iconic' has been overused and is impossible to define. Nor do we have a mega budget for this either.

As long as it delivers on the key requirements and the temporary athletics track issue doesn't have a long term negative impact, then all is good.

We are this close now to moving from GP and getting a ground that should in theory act as a major catalyst to putting us back on our feet commercially. Let's enjoy the process.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back