New Everton Stadium

I was thinking just before about these 3 season tickets. They will cover 3 generations, but somebody who's say, 40 can't use my 'concession' ticket and as I / we won't be able to attend every game due to a few factors which need not trouble us here.
I will have to buy 3 full price tickets.
So the question is can a 10yr old use a full price ticket ( obvs I can't use a kids ticket)
The way I see it is If I pay for 3 full price tickets - 3 bodies get in

That might be a step too far for you for various reasons, but somebody on here might help you out on a one off.

I think the box office might let you 'upgrade' the junior ticket to an adult for a particular game and you just pay the difference.

So Jacko - you are suggesting/teasing that those renderings are the new Goodison at BMD, or very, very close to it. I think I can see some brick work and a clear reference to Leitch. Cannot see the Dockers Clock or Hydraulic Tower and I was thinking they would be included in the design plan. cannot see the Titanic or Tobacco building in the background either. Have to say though that whilst it looks pretty good and I am sure it is one of a number of images that will become available, I was expecting them to look a little better than that after all this time (and expense) on design. Hopefully just more early drawings. Hate that big Everton wording though - that just looks cheap and as if we are desperate to let everybody know who the stadium belongs to. Got to do better than that surely?!?!

So Jacko - you are suggesting/teasing that those renderings are the new Goodison at BMD, or very, very close to it. I think I can see some brick work and a clear reference to Leitch. Cannot see the Dockers Clock or Hydraulic Tower and I was thinking they would be included in the design plan. cannot see the Titanic or Tobacco building in the background either. Have to say though that whilst it looks pretty good and I am sure it is one of a number of images that will become available, I was expecting them to look a little better than that after all this time (and expense) on design. Hopefully just more early drawings. Hate that big Everton wording though - that just looks cheap and as if we are desperate to let everybody know who the stadium belongs to. Got to do better than that surely?!!

I would rather have the name of the club than a massive sponsors name on the side of the stadium, I am fully expecting it to be the "annoyingBetYourLifeSavings.com arena" or possibly "USM Bramley Moore Arena", if they tie in with USM finch farm[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
So Jacko - you are suggesting/teasing that those renderings are the new Goodison at BMD, or very, very close to it. I think I can see some brick work and a clear reference to Leitch. Cannot see the Dockers Clock or Hydraulic Tower and I was thinking they would be included in the design plan. cannot see the Titanic or Tobacco building in the background either. Have to say though that whilst it looks pretty good and I am sure it is one of a number of images that will become available, I was expecting them to look a little better than that after all this time (and expense) on design. Hopefully just more early drawings. Hate that big Everton wording though - that just looks cheap and as if we are desperate to let everybody know who the stadium belongs to. Got to do better than that surely?!?!

Hope they are not accurate. I personally can't understand the clamour for brickwork and retaining the Leitch crosses. If we are going for traditional finishing touches I would prefer to see some stone facades to echo the dock wall and towers in terms of colour.

Agree that a sponsors name is not ideal but if we are going to fund the stadium, it's a modern day football economic certainty. Our branding needs to be more subtle than that though. Looks cheap and tacky but maybe it is just to try and jazz up the rendering.

Having watched the full AS Roma video though, I was expecting bit more than this from Meis. I like the design but not exactly in keeping with his recent quote to "...design a stadium to feel like it grew out of the docks [that] will really belong on that skyline..."

Reading this thread just reinforces my belief that WHATEVER the final design looks like, some will be delighted with it and others will be disappointed. This is natural of course as people have different tastes and different expectations.
What is also evident from reading this thread however, is that a few seem to have already made their minds up and are preparing their gushing praise or fume accordingly.

G.O.T. that!

Mad how little attention this has gotten....

I don't think anyone believes it's real, it's the bog standard non overlapping double tier. You don't get an architect in like DanMeis to have one of them, loads of clubs have them stands.

They're not the intimate stands on top of the pitch that has been spoken of. That can surely only mean multiple tiers, that overlap each other? That would take a bit more engineering know-how.

Yep - that is what I thought but all this waiting is making me anxious. Let's hope it is something that none of us expected and even better than we all anticipated - after all this commentary from the Mayor and ITK's about an iconic stadium at an iconic location, I am expecting something pretty special.

lollollol
ARCHITECT ASKS FOR SUGGESTIONS ON STADIUM.
JUNE 26, 2017 EDITOR

Meis1-1.jpg

Architect Dan Meis, who is in charge of designing the new ground for Everton FC, has asked to be inundated with daily suggestions on what features to incorporate into the stadium. In particular, he wants to hear the same limited number of suggestions over and over again.

The California based architect expressed concerns that no one seemed to be taking an interest in the project:

I post a little teaser on Twitter and there’s literally no bites. No one seems to care whether the ground should have steep stands, seating close to the pitch, whether it should look exactly like West Ham’s new ground, or just copy a lot of its features. I’ve only been designing world class sporting arenas for over twenty years – do they think I’ll be able to pull this off without the input of Terry from Knotty Ash?

Initial designs for the ground have been drafted and are available to view, but Meis says that nobody has contacted him with a desire to see them:

Rather than some big event, the plan has always been to just randomly launch the stadium designs via a reply to a Tweet from a stranger. But in the last five seconds, literally nobody has asked to see them.

2017-2018GROUND-MOVEMEIS

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back