New Everton Stadium

Here's the deal on Chelsea: they cant even go anywhere else and be called Chelsea without the permission of the CPO's say so. They are in thrall to them. CPO can guard against pretty much any scenario that crops up (including debts converted to capital) unless that club want to up-sticks and call themselves Putney FC or whatever.
They've signed off on extending the lease to 999 years. The end.

Here's the deal on Chelsea: they cant even go anywhere else and be called Chelsea without the permission of the CPO's say so. They are in thrall to them. CPO can guard against pretty much any scenario that crops up (including debts converted to capital) unless that club want to up-sticks and call themselves Putney FC or whatever.

Again, nothing to do with financing.

CPO own the freehold and naming rights of Chelsea FC; nothing else. They have no say so in the running of the business.

Chelsea FC will be be loaning £500m to build a stadium

That response in no way explains why they would insist on the ground being funded by private finance. You intimated that Chelsea had to take this direction because the CPO had leverage, and then drew comparison to Everton fans having none. Let's examine the logic here?

Chelsea plan to use private finance and this is good because if it wasn't the CPO would not let them?

By this logic if Moshiri chose to fund the stadium it would be bad because CPO wouldn't let Abramovich get away with such shadey dealings.

Yet according to you Evertons plan to use private finance is bad because Everton fans have not been able to influence the decision?

I'm sure that I can't be the only one who is desperate to know more about the status of this crucial project, but can't find anything of substance.

Is there, like, an up-to-date FAQ somewhere?

The Chelsea fans will have absolutely no say whatsoever in how Abramovich chooses to fund the new stadium build.

Where do you dream this stuff up from?

In fact the Chelsea pitch owners voted in favour of extending the current lease on the land to the Football club from it's current 180 years left to 999 earlier this year. As that makes the land as good as freehold from a funding perspective and will make Abramovich's task of borrowing the funds easier.

999 years, we don't do stuff like that in America. It just reminds me I'll be dead for hopefully only 950 years of that lease and it's depressing. Eff Chelsea for reminding me of my own mortality and also having the name of every fat girl I ever met...

Completely agree with you. I like some of Davek views on things and agree the club's owners need to be questioned on particular subjects, it's just the constant negative outlook that gets me. It's nothing personal against Dave.
Really??? Hmmmmm.....
I'm sorry mate, you're beyond wum. You stink of absolute bitter kopite who has not one good word to say about Everton. We don't want a love in on here but your constant moaning about everything is disgusting

Impossible when you destroy every thread with your mind numbing dross.
Something doesn't add up here...

Make of that whatever one wishes. ;)

I'm sure that I can't be the only one who is desperate to know more about the status of this crucial project, but can't find anything of substance.

Is there, like, an up-to-date FAQ somewhere?

Dont think we will know anything until the Commonwealth Games uncertainty is resolved.

There's got to be 2 completely different plans. Cant see any other way.

The fact that the leaked engineering plans showed no mention of a running track suggests the CWG were not originally considered.

Very strange and potentially some disarray behind the scenes. The mayor coming out with that CWG statement also strange.

Let's hope Birmingham win the bid.

...let's see what THEY decide will happen.

I'd imagine they'd be looking for the mother of all naming rights deals to offset any borrowing, and any such borrowing to be secured against assets of Fordstam the holding company rather than the club itself.

Its more or less a fact that all major building projects,anywhere, are funded by loans or guarantees from financial institutions. Can you give any examples of a major stadium project has been funded directly out of the pocket of an individual? Good job its not Everton borrowing 500 million, one or two on here would wet the bed....

The Chelsea fans will have absolutely no say whatsoever in how Abramovich chooses to fund the new stadium build.

Where do you dream this stuff up from?

In fact the Chelsea pitch owners voted in favour of extending the current lease on the land to the Football club from it's current 180 years left to 999 earlier this year. As that makes the land as good as freehold from a funding perspective and will make Abramovich's task of borrowing the funds easier.

You are sadly mistaken on one point
Davek NEVER lets the facts get in the way of his agenda.
Only when the brown shoed one returns to manage our club will he be happy

I don't mean to derail the discussion but this 999 year Chelsea lease... what's the deal with that? Why stop at 999, did the computer not go 4 digits or am I ignorant on some law forbidding a 1000 year contract.

I mean in 999 years they can go through like 400 Russian oligarchs, I mean czars, I mean totally legit Russian billionaires.

Reni from Kipper, AKA K2 or Kangaboy was definitely an Australian, Ute driving, size 13 clown shoe wearing half Samoan hunk of a man when in reality he was a cabbaged ear loser from Huddersfield using a picture of Craig Wing to blag us all. There'll be another forum somewhere were "Craig Wing" and Davek are sat off buzzing off us all.

Shut up was this real? hahahaha i thought it was all a hoax....!

Bramley Moore, will be boss boss (keep on topic)

When is Dan Meis going to reveal the new stadium design ?

Be interested to know what he comes up with when all the feedback is taken into account. Also I want a new wallpaper for my desktop

IMG_0776.webp
If anyone gets upset at how the stadium is funded or how much you can just build your own.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back