New Everton Stadium

Chelsea to seek £500 million in loans to pay for their new stadium.

(Can't quote anymore due to The times paywall)

So we're not the only club borrowing to build.

There's one fundamental difference between them and us: Chelsea fans (Chelsea Pitch Owners) own the land the stadium is built on and they also own the club name, which gives them enormous leverage, therefore, concerning the way in which any stadium built on it can be funded.

Baisically: the fans call the shots on the stadium and will be the ultimate controllers of the stadium's destiny.

Unlike Everton fans who will have to take whatever structure of financing presented to them (and design)...currently leveraged up to the eyeballs and never to be called our own for 40 years.

There's one fundamental difference between them and us: Chelsea fans (Chelsea Pitch Owners) own the land the stadium is built on and they also own the club name, which gives them enormous leverage, therefore, concerning the way in which any stadium built on it can be funded.

Baisically: the fans call the shots on the stadium and will be the ultimate controllers of the stadium's destiny.

Unlike Everton fans who will have to take whatever structure of financing presented to them (and design)...currently leveraged up to the eyeballs and never to be called our own for 40 years.

The stadium design and funding are completely separate issues. Amazing the multi billionaire Roman isn't dipping into his piggy bank to pay for this himself.

The absolute fraud

The stadium design and funding are completely separate issues. Amazing the multi billionaire Roman isn't dipping into his piggy bank to pay for this himself.

The absolute fraud
Lol.

The fans at Chelsea dictate what happens.

Dont you get that?

The fans here have to put up with whatever Moshiri decides is appropriate...and he thinks its appropriate to leverage a £400M-£500M debt onto the club to be paid back over 40 years.

Just think about that.

Lol.

Dont you get that?

The fans here have to put up with whatever Moshiri decides is appropriate...and he thinks its appropriate to leverage a £400M-£500M debt onto the club to be paid back over 40 years.

Just think about that.

Lol Dave, another failed business argument on your behalf.

Roman getting a loan to pay for a new stadium, when he could pay for it himself with the change in his wallet.

Facts, business facts

Lol Dave, another failed business argument on your behalf.

Roman getting a loan to pay for a new stadium, when he could pay for it himself with the change in his wallet.

Facts, business facts
There's nothing decided yet at Chelsea for the architecture of their financing. That's to be determined...in CONSULTATION with fans....the fans who also have in their corner a fan group who hold all the aces.

We have the hand picked poodles of the club's Everton Forum to *guide* our owners.

Stevie Wonder sees the difference in that but you dont.

Unreal...but please continue your Moshiri worship as he puts into place a scheme that will see him walk away with a massive profit and us saddled with a 40 year debt.

...so Chelsea supporters are quite happy with the borrowing to build their new stadium?.....

...so Chelsea supporters are quite happy with the borrowing to build their new stadium?.....
...let's see what THEY decide will happen.

I'd imagine they'd be looking for the mother of all naming rights deals to offset any borrowing, and any such borrowing to be secured against assets of Fordstam the holding company rather than the club itself.

Lol.

Dont you get that?

Just think about that.

Why don't the fans get a loan for 500m then instead of Chelsea burdening themselves with all the debt. I'm sorry mate, you're beyond wum. You stink of absolute bitter kopite who has not one good word to say about Everton. We don't want a love in on here but your constant moaning about everything is disgusting.

Why don't the fans get a loan for 500m then instead of Chelsea burdening themselves with all the debt. I'm sorry mate, you're beyond wum. You stink of absolute bitter kopite who has not one good word to say about Everton. We don't want a love in on here but your constant moaning about everything is disgusting.
Well do me a big favour: stop following me around this forum and and trying to get a response from me.

This is just not true. You may not agree but it is a forum with varying views.

This is just not true. You may not agree but it is a forum with varying views.

Completely agree with you. I like some of Davek views on things and agree the club's owners need to be questioned on particular subjects, it's just the constant negative outlook that gets me. It's nothing personal against Dave.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back