New Everton Stadium

I haven't been to this thread for ages and I just opened this last page to find out what, if anything, is
happening.
I'm going out for a drink with a kopite tomorrow and I was hoping there was something interesting to relay, but
apparently not.

I haven't been to this thread for ages and I just opened this last page to find out what, if anything, is
happening.
I'm going out for a drink with a kopite tomorrow and I was hoping there was something interesting to relay, but
apparently not.
I'll sum it up for ya mate, blue fold up running track, 61878 seats, a token pillar for those feeling nostalgic of The Old Lady, Chang flavoured water (well, standard Chang really).

Attachments

• upload_2017-7-22_21-26-27.webp
    upload_2017-7-22_21-26-27.webp
    40.7 KB · Views: 61

Chelsea to seek £500 million in loans to pay for their new stadium.

Chelsea are seeking to borrow £500 million to fund the building of their new stadium rather than rely on Roman Abramovich to pay for it.

The club received planning permission for the 60,000-seat redevelopment of Stamford Bridge from Hammersmith and Fulham Council in January — a decision endorsed by the mayor of London in March — but have yet to confirm how they intend to fund one of the most ambitious stadium redesigns attempted in the UK.

Abramovich has spent more than £1 billion on Chelsea since buying the club in 2003, and it has been widely reported that he is willing to foot the bill for the stadium, but the board is now pursuing other options. The Times has learnt that Chelsea have held…

(Can't quote anymore due to The times paywall)

So we're not the only club borrowing to build.

Chelsea to seek £500 million in loans to pay for their new stadium.

(Can't quote anymore due to The times paywall)

So we're not the only club borrowing to build.

But Chelsea have a billionaire owner? Why isn't he funding it himself? Clearly is out just to profit from the club & he is having all the Chelsea fans on.

Not my opinion but it was all said about The Mosh when our finance was announced. Hopefully this puts to bed the delusions of some on here who think someone will just upright pay for an entire stadium out of thier own pocket.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back