New Everton Stadium

Exchange them and that is it, we are on our way. Think have you bought your house and exchanged contracts that is what it means.
It’s all still subject to planning though. That’s a big hurdle. And if we continue to be in or around the relegation zone council support will melt like snow in June

It’s all still subject to planning though. That’s a big hurdle. And if we continue to be in or around the relegation zone council support will melt like snow in June

I think you will find there is outline planning permission, perhaps you are thinking of the final pp with detailed drawings and proposals. Have faith Bro.

Everton and Peel agreed Heads of Terms to acquire the site in March. Exchanging contracts is just a formalisation of that.

This is just filler where real news should be about progress (and presentation) of designs and news on securing funds should be.

Much ado about nothing.

Everton and Peel agreed Heads of Terms to acquire the site in March. Exchanging contracts is just a formalisation of that.

This is just filler where real news should be about progress (and presentation) of designs and news on securing funds should be.

Much ado about nothing.

But Dave do you want to see us in a new stadium in that location and will you attend? It all has to start somewhere.

Much ado about nothing.

Legally it is big news to be honest. We've never reached a stage where a stadium deal is legally binding before. I'd say that if true, it's good news. Not massive, but definitely positive.

Yes and yes.

But how does generating non-stories about 'progress' help get us there?

For me Dave it is another step maybe a small one but better now than a years time. If that formality has been done then the architects I reckon will have their heads down on the drawing board. A small step but a big one for EFC!!!

Legally it is big news to be honest. We've never reached a stage where a stadium deal is legally binding before. I'd say that if true, it's good news. Not massive, but definitely positive.

At DK the agreement between Tesco/KBC/Everton was also binding. The project ultimately failed due to lack of evidence of funding and planning permission from the Sec of State.

We need to be seeing (minimum) the promised key principles document. Where is that?

Much ado about nothing.

Not sure how you can compare the importance of agreeing non-legally binding heads and exchanging contracts.

We're legally committing to the purchase. With heads, we can walk away at any time.

I know we've been stung in the past Dave, but it's certainly a positive sign if true.

Not sure how you can compare the importance of agreeing non-legally binding heads and exchanging contracts.

We're legally committing to the purchase. With heads, we can walk away at any time.

I know we've been stung in the past Dave, but it's certainly a positive sign if true.
Purchase of land. How much will that be? £20M? And presumably its value will hold even if we dont go through with a stadium there?

For me Dave it is another step maybe a small one but better now than a years time. If that formality has been done then the architects I reckon will have their heads down on the drawing board. A small step but a big one for EFC!!!

If true it is a massive step, it is the first step of a long process, it is real commitment, probably with a large deposit
After so much dissapointment over the years there may be a light at the end of this tunnell .....

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back