New Everton Stadium

Everton and Peel agreed Heads of Terms to acquire the site in March. Exchanging contracts is just a formalisation of that.

This is just filler where real news should be about progress (and presentation) of designs and news on securing funds should be.

Much ado about nothing.

Indeed, just the next step along the path, but it demonstrates progress...

Indeed, just the next step along the path, but it demonstrates progress...

If there's an announcement this week by the club it'll be to remind everyone the stadium is still in play. I've never doubted that. I dont think what appears to be the upcoming news as any real sign of progress though.

For me, it'll underline that the financial plan is proving pretty hard to roll out.

I do believe before we move forward finances will have to be returned to.

Purchase of land. How much will that be? £20M? And presumably its value will hold even if we dont go through with a stadium there?

I'd rather see a £20m sign of intent than nothing.

I don't disagree with you that it offers us any guarantees that we will all be sitting in a shiny new stadium a few years from now, but as @peteblue points out, it demonstrates progress.

Getting planning permission is still all to do. By no means a rubber stamping exercise. Outline shmoutline

You are being overly negative. This is completely different in planning terms from the Kirkby or WHP proposals in that the principle of development has already been established, infrastructure works are already ongoing for the wider regeneration of the area and in full knowledge of the prospect of the new stadium.

An agreed funding mechanism is in place and we have a major shareholder with experience of attracting inward investment.

It is a far more positive situation than any of the previous proposals.

This is an enormous project and an enormously complicated project.
There are at least three parties involved in the Council, Peel and Everton. It is a complicated funding model and this projects appears to kick starting the entire docklands development.

We cannot afford to just throw money at the project, but equally I don't think it can just be another generic stadium like so many as it is visible at the very gateway of Liverpool city.

It is difficult being patient, but I think it is something which cannot be hurried. My hope is that many of the difficulties regarding finance, design and planning are being ironed out in advance rather than in the public eye.

At DK the agreement between Tesco/KBC/Everton was also binding. The project ultimately failed due to lack of evidence of funding and planning permission from the Sec of State.

We need to be seeing (minimum) the promised key principles document. Where is that?

Not even Everton would agree to exchange contracts if they hadn't secured significant progress and funding.

You are being overly negative. This is completely different in planning terms from the Kirkby or WHP proposals in that the principle of development has already been established, infrastructure works are already ongoing for the wider regeneration of the area and in full knowledge of the prospect of the new stadium.

An agreed funding mechanism is in place and we have a major shareholder with experience of attracting inward investment.

It is a far more positive situation than any of the previous proposals.
It is what it is. We are proposing to build s stadium on an old dock. We haven't even got near the logistics of That, or any potential objections to our plans. In fact, this announcement of exchange of contracts, the Esk was telling anybody who would listen that this was all locked in and done over a year ago when it clearly wasn't. We are no further forward Than we thought we were when Esk was saying last August that we'd exchanged contracts, save for the fact that we now know the Moshs grand plan for us involves him putting in the square root of bugger all, and the Council bearing the weight of risk. And that same Council will be currently horrified by Our current league position. If they are not examining contingency plans to pull the plug then they should be, cos we can't service that debt if we get relegated, simple as that

If there's an announcement this week by the club it'll be to remind everyone the stadium is still in play. I've never doubted that. I dont think what appears to be the upcoming news as any real sign of progress though.

For me, it'll underline that the financial plan is proving pretty hard to roll out.

I do believe before we move forward finances will have to be returned to.

Of course, but from a communications point of view it’ll be design and planning permission, final design and then we may get told how it’s being financed.....

It is what it is. We are proposing to build s stadium on an old dock. We haven't even got near the logistics of That, or any potential objections to our plans. In fact, this announcement of exchange of contracts, the Esk was telling anybody who would listen that this was all locked in and done over a year ago when it clearly wasn't. We are no further forward Than we thought we were when Esk was saying last August that we'd exchanged contracts, save for the fact that we now know the Moshs grand plan for us involves him putting in the square root of bugger all, and the Council bearing the weight of risk. And that same Council will be currently horrified by Our current league position. If they are not examining contingency plans to pull the plug then they should be, cos we can't service that debt if we get relegated, simple as that

I am really baffled that you can post stuff like this with no inside knowledge. I am basing my opinion based on what we know in the public arena.

There are other posters in this thread who do seem to have contact with individuals and agencies involved in the project to indicate entirely the opposite of your assumed doomsday scenario scenario.

I am really baffled that you can post stuff like this with no inside knowledge. I am basing my opinion based on what we know in the public arena.

There are other posters in this thread who do seem to have contact with individuals and agencies involved in the project to indicate entirely the opposite of your assumed doomsday scenario scenario.
I am referring to matters which are in the public arena. Does it really matter if somebody has a hotline to one of the parties, the risks are out in the open and can be seen by everyone. I am not sure what difference inside knowledge plays when we are discussing a public planning application and the financing of the stadium

I'd rather see a £20m sign of intent than nothing.

I don't disagree with you that it offers us any guarantees that we will all be sitting in a shiny new stadium a few years from now, but as @peteblue points out, it demonstrates progress.
I'd like to see the club make good on their promise to spell out the vision for the site via the key principles document they said would arrive in weeks...three months ago.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back