New Everton Stadium

I am referring to matters which are in the public arena. Does it really matter if somebody has a hotline to one of the parties, the risks are out in the open and can be seen by everyone. I am not sure what difference inside knowledge plays when we are discussing a public planning application and the financing of the stadium

Inside knowledge of the pre-application work would probably allay your fears that no progress is being made.

I have personal experience of working on development proposals every bit as complex as the entire Liverpool Waters project - albeit from the perspective of a local authority planner - and I can assure you that a great deal of work has to be done by the applicant before you get anywhere near a detailed planning application.

That is why I am sure you are wrong when you state that we are nowhere near making progress on the technical aspects of the process.

Inside knowledge of the pre-application work would probably allay your fears that no progress is being made.

I have personal experience of working on development proposals every bit as complex as the entire Liverpool Waters project - albeit from the perspective of a local authority planner - and I can assure you that a great deal of work has to be done by the applicant before you get anywhere near a detailed planning application.

That is why I am sure you are wrong when you state that we are nowhere near making progress on the technical aspects of the process.
I didn't say we are nowhere near making progress. I am sure a lot of work has been done. But whether that means we are on our way to securing an appropriate design and detailed planning consent, who knows? It's all up in the air and yet to be determined

I didn't say we are nowhere near making progress. I am sure a lot of work has been done. But whether that means we are on our way to securing an appropriate design and detailed planning consent, who knows? It's all up in the air and yet to be determined

You did say we are nowhere near the logistics of redeveloping the dock or addressing potential objections. My point is that the club and their consultants will be busy doing exactly that before they are in a position to go public.

No chance the council are going to refuse planning permission as they are getting £4m a year from it after it’s been built. Thats without all the other money it will bring.

You did say we are nowhere near the logistics of redeveloping the dock or addressing potential objections. My point is that the club and their consultants will be busy doing exactly that before they are in a position to go public.
Yes fair enough. I meant to say we are no nearer knowing if it's gonna work

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back