New Everton Stadium

You really think a professional architect would only have ONE design for a Stadium when it wasn't guaranteed that Liverpool would get the Commonwealth Games? Dont be stupid. Chatting utter wham.

He'll do whatever the client asks and pays him to do. If he was asked to design a stadium with a track integrated then that's what he'll do. If he's not been asked or paid to design anything else then he's not going to come up with another design for free. You'd like to think (hope) Everton would have had him working on plans that weren't entirely dependent on the CWG but only the club knows the answer to this.

He'll do whatever the client asks and pays him to do. If he was asked to design a stadium with a track integrated then that's what he'll do. If he's not been asked or paid to design anything else then he's not going to come up with another design for free. You'd like to think (hope) Everton would have had him working on plans that weren't entirely dependent on the CWG but only the club knows the answer to this.

Our plans pre-date the CWG bid. So my view (based on no inside info whatsoever!) is that Meis was asked to design a stadium with key principles (steep stands, close to the pitch, big home end etc) within the confines of the BMD parcel of land.

Then LCC bid for the CWG and we said we can accomodate a temp track. Who knows what the bid team were shown in terms of a model or maybe it was just verbals? All the while LCC knew the bid was essentially a dead duck and just a bit of self promotion.

Meantime Meis continues working on the one and only stadium that was ever designed.

A few weeks ago. Suspect we'll see something before Christmas.
Well if Santa is going to deliver a stadium design, then we must have been good boys and girls this year. Normally I'd expect a lump of coal and a clip round the year if it was an Everton themed Christmas.

Not saying for a second that's it but a design like that can be transformed at night through lighting. Can easily become blue and white.

The leak most have said is close to what they've seen is this one as far as I'm aware

IMG_6034.png

Was at a funeral yesterday and at the wake I got speaking to some fella, turns out he's based at Finch Farm and pretty high up at the club.

As you do after a few bevvies, I asked him about the new stadium. He was proper reserved about it and didn't say much at all but he did turn around to me and say (I've forgotten what street he said):

Him: "Have you seen the tonnes of rubble at the bottom of "X" street by the Titanic hotel?"

Me: "No ... why??"

Him: "It's rubble thats going to fill in the dock, 2 firms have recently been put on standby"

That's literally all he would say about it.

Anyone been down there recently?

Was at a funeral yesterday and at the wake I got speaking to some fella, turns out he's based at Finch Farm and pretty high up at the club.

As you do after a few bevvies, I asked him about the new stadium. He was proper reserved about it and didn't say much at all but he did turn around to me and say (I've forgotten what street he said):

Him: "Have you seen the tonnes of rubble at the bottom of "X" street by the Titanic hotel?"

Him: "It's rubble thats going to fill in the dock, 2 firms have recently been put on standby"

He was very candid.

I have to pass it every day, I will have a look for mountains of rubble tomorrow and report back.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back