New Everton Stadium

Got to be some bloody mountain

May not be as much as you would think, we don't know how low the stadium might be sunk within the dock, plus the underground car park.

I can't help think it isn't for that though, as almost always for big projects like this they bring the fill by boat. Why start making a pile that you then have to get tipper trucks to take it across the road? They would dump it behind the dock wall ready to push in.

May not be as much as you would think, we don't know how low the stadium might be sunk within the dock, plus the underground car park.

I can't help think it isn't for that though, as almost always for big projects like this they bring the fill by boat. Why start making a pile that you then have to get tipper trucks to take it across the road? They would dump it behind the dock wall ready to push in.
You would think so, but this is Everton we are talkin about:confused:

When they filled the Sandon and Wellington Docks for United Utilities and the new Seaforth Terminal they used reclaimed sand from Liverpool Bay which was pumped in.

There's an event on there this weekend 'Steelyard' dj's and kids on drugs etc. There are big piles of rubble though. Not enough to fill in the docks though. That would be some pile of rubble to have sat waiting

Was at a funeral yesterday and at the wake I got speaking to some fella, turns out he's based at Finch Farm and pretty high up at the club.

As you do after a few bevvies, I asked him about the new stadium. He was proper reserved about it and didn't say much at all but he did turn around to me and say (I've forgotten what street he said):

Him: "Have you seen the tonnes of rubble at the bottom of "X" street by the Titanic hotel?"

Me: "No ... why??"

Him: "It's rubble thats going to fill in the dock, 2 firms have recently been put on standby"

That's literally all he would say about it.

Anyone been down there recently?

I have a band that has a practice room near Bentinck Street and there is indeed a COLLOSAL pile of rubble at the across the road that we were all wondering what it was for. Makes sense now.

Stadium won't happen,Moshiri will go the same way as Peter Johnson after a few failed seasons and get hounded out, leaving us without a pot to pee in.
That rubble will be finer than sand once Moshiri gets Bill, Suntan Bob and Jolly Jon Woods out breaking it with lump hammers. Finally a job suited to the 3 stooges. Go down with a video camera, hilarity is bound to ensue.

Any rubble experts on here who would be able to share their knowledge, how many tonnes of rubble it will take, what sort of rubble is suitable, does each bit of rubble have to be painted in a waterproof coating to prevent it from breaking and turning into smaller rubble?lol

Any rubble experts on here who would be able to share their knowledge, how many tonnes of rubble it will take, what sort of rubble is suitable, does each bit of rubble have to be painted in a waterproof coating to prevent it from breaking and turning into smaller rubble?lol

What pattern would you like?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back