New Everton Stadium

I think he will deliver the stadium because of the wider development of the area. It is too big an opportunity to miss out on, and it is not as if there are queues of prospective owners out there ready to buy up his shares if he decides he's had enough. BMD is the key to everything.

The priority right now is avoiding relegation and as posters have already stated, his naivety over the last 12-months within the football world has left him exposed and probably embarrassed him hugely. If reports are true, the relationship with BK will need some TLC if they really are miles apart in their views on this next recruitment. When he removed RK, he obviously thought recruiting his next man would be straight forward by waving compensation at other owners - it was never going to be if he was going after managers at other clubs, not even 1/2 way through the season. The Board itself will have to change now as there have just been too many mistakes.

I am absolutely furious and embarrassed that our only realistic choice now is Sam Allardyce, but I would be even more angry if we got relegated when we are so close to a new stadium. Trying to remain optimistic and hopeful that a few results before Christmas and positive news on the stadium early in 2018 will allow us to put all this behind us as a terrible period in Everton's PL history that we never want to re-visit again.

For the record, I visited Everton recently with work. All spoke very very highly of the ownership. People might say 'well they would, wouldn't they' but they said things without being prompted that suggested to me they know the Board have Everton's best interests at heart, the fans and the community. They mentioned BMD in a manner that it will happen and they are preparing now for that outcome. The legacy the club will leave behind in L4 is already being discussed and that is something we should all be proud of our club for. The football is the worst I can remember (not even sure the Wimbledon survival season was this bad) but the club get it right off the pitch.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back