New Everton Stadium

We've secured the land at BM for a pittance compared to what it cost Spurs for their site. Dan Meis has already indicated that he'll be designing something more 'raw' than the Spurs stadium. Less luxuries, but concentrating on the atmosphere. Doesn't mean it won't be amazing - hopefully.

I'd imagine the potential costs with ours could escalate given the challenges of building on the riverside location - piling, restrictions in terms of accessing the site with cranes from 2 sides (Neslon dock and river) etc.

Who knows? Can't wait to see images though. Don't understand why that's taking so long.

I’d be surprised if it’s that low. No way if it’s near 60k capacity as we all hope would anything approaching “iconic and world class” be valued so low.
For a number of reasons, I feel that the bold claims of an iconic, world class stadium are merely rhetoric and the final design will be more subdued.

Perhaps it's external design will be iconic to help fit into the Liverpool skyline, but I doubt that the fundamentals of the stadium will be top end.

How come they are able to build these so cheaply in Spain? I believe both the Althletico Bilbao and Madrid stadiums were in the 200-250m region. Is this primarily down to labour costs?

As others have noted I don’t think our stadium will be anything like Spurs in terms of complexity and finish. I think Meis will move away from that shiny space ship style of design

We're building ours on so called brown field site. Unused and in an area that will benefit to local area. Land in London is at a premium.

Would it bee even possible to use the docks to our advantage in bringing in materials for the stadium, by ship? Would reduce issues with traffic and maybe cost?

Spurs rising costs is a sobering thought. For me the elephant in the room is Brexit. I suspect Brexit will usher in a deep and prolonged recession , which may last a generation. Hardly the financial environment to complete such a comparitively monumental project.

Staggering. What happens if we face a similar situation?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5139907/Bill-new-Tottenham-stadium-soars-1bn.html

Bill for new Tottenham stadium soars from £400m to £1bn as club confront cost and complexity of project

• Cost of Tottenham's new stadium has more than doubled to £1bn
  • Chairman Daniel Levy is trying to negotiate finance for the stadium build
  • The new White Hart Lane home was initially expected to cost £400m
  • 61,000-capacity ground increased to £750m and is now expected to cost £1bn
By Alex Miller For Mail On Sunday

PUBLISHED: 08:45 AEDT, 3 December 2017 | UPDATED: 08:45 AEDT, 3 December 2017

13shares

View comments

Tottenham have more than doubled the projected cost of their new stadium to £1billion, which will make it the most expensive in Europe.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy continues to talk with interested parties to help finance the record-breaking build, but the initial £400m cost has been hiked considerably.

The £1bn cost actually represents the second substantial estimated price rise, with an earlier estimated cost increase to £750m revealed in their planning application.

469CAB4F00000578-0-image-m-2_1511372262793.jpg

+4
Tottenham's new stadium is beginning to take shape as the club showed off an aerial shot

469CDF5000000578-5108637-The_club_also_released_what_the_view_is_like_looking_towards_the-a-1_1511380269255.jpg

The club also released what the view is like looking towards the new single-tier South Stand

469CDF5800000578-5108637-They_posted_a_series_of_pictures_on_Twitter_showing_the_view_loo-a-2_1511380309583.jpg

They posted a series of pictures on Twitter showing the view looking across at the South Stand

06F90E48000005DC-5139907-image-a-319_1512250933895.jpg

+4
How Tottenham's new White Hart Lane stadium will look when it is completed

06F90EA6000005DC-5139907-image-a-320_1512250958265.jpg

+4
The construction costs of the new stadium have more than doubled to £1bn

Levy has confided to sources close to the build that the skyrocketing cost of Tottenham's new home, due to open ahead of next season, is in part due to the complexity of the project.

The designs for the 61,000-capacity stadium incorporate facilities for NFL, including two sliding pitches and additional large changing rooms fit for NFL use.

Construction work remains on schedule and the club have already spent over £100m on construction related work, according to planning documents.

469CDF5C00000578-5108637-image-a-3_1511374017907.jpg

An exterior shot shows the stadium beginning to take shape as construction continues

469CDF6300000578-5108637-image-a-4_1511374021396.jpg

+4
Several cranes can be seen as part of the work on the inside of the stadium bowl

Video playing bottom right...

Loaded: 0%
Progress: 0%
0:05
Pause
Unmute

Current Time0:05
/
Duration Time1:00
Fullscreen

ExpandClose

The remaining costs will be covered through a number of sources including debt, stadium naming rights and advance hospitality ticket sales.

Spurs will look to front load any deals to generate substantial cash upfront, similar to how Arsenal initially financed the Emirates.

Talks over naming rights are ongoing and the club says it has 'received expressions of interest from credible counterparties'. Levy has admitted the new ground will not be called White Hart Lane.

The club expect to generate an additional £28m a year from match days at the new stadium, a rise of more than 50 per cent, with the majority coming from the additional corporate hospitality facilities in the new stadium.

469CDF5400000578-5108637-image-a-5_1511374025147.jpg

They also gave a sneak peek of the current view when looking down from the terrace area

469CDF6800000578-5108637-image-a-6_1511374028064.jpg

One of the new steel 'trees' has also been installed to support the new South Stand

Spurs have no current debts unlike many Premier League rivals, but financial adviser Rothschild has approached three un-named banks, all of which have approved five-year loans worth a total of £350m. After five years the outstanding debt will be refinanced or put into longer-term bonds.

Latest estimates have revealed London rivals Chelsea also expect to spend £1bn to rebuild Stamford Bridge.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ottenham-stadium-soars-1bn.html#ixzz509qyCyNu
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
The Daily Mail with some brilliant research there. That isn’t going to be the final design. They are old renders from about 8 years ago.

If the planning application is expected in the New Year, shouldn't we be seeing some designs now?

Meis surely has these ready to roll at this point?

I am not particularly bothered about a stadium with bells and whistles, it just needs to be sufficiently large in terms of capacity (60k) and have enough corporate boxes so we can maximise revenue.

The look outside in terms of concourses and the wider landscape and transportation links will be more important than the interior. All stadia look similar from the interior to a large extent anyway unless the budget is huge. Still would like four distinct stands and a nod to Goodison with some individual design aspects but if that is to be incorporated under a bowl of some sort, I'm not bothered.

The location by itself will take care of a lot of the aesthetics.

Would also be great if financing was secured through ICBC and they took naming rights.

If the planning application is expected in the New Year, shouldn't we be seeing some designs now?

Meis surely has these ready to roll at this point?

I am not particularly bothered about a stadium with bells and whistles, it just needs to be sufficiently large in terms of capacity (60k) and have enough corporate boxes so we can maximise revenue.

The look outside in terms of concourses and the wider landscape and transportation links will be more important than the interior. All stadia look similar from the interior to a large extent anyway unless the budget is huge. Still would like four distinct stands and a nod to Goodison with some individual design aspects but if that is to be incorporated under a bowl of some sort, I'm not bothered.

The location by itself will take care of a lot of the aesthetics.

Would also be great if financing was secured through ICBC and they took naming rights.

If I was in charge of the scheme I wouldn’t put any images of the design into the public domain until it had been agreed in principal with the planners and was one which they were happy to agree approval for.

It’s about managing expectations and realities especially with our fan base.

Any additional costings will be swallowed up by sponsoring Bramley Moore so don’t worry about costing.

AGM is nearing so will be interesting to find out the next phase of planning

all major developments run over costs in to millions. I'm sure bramley moore will be no different and will have already been factored in.

oh hang on, this is Everton...

Spurs rising costs is a sobering thought. For me the elephant in the room is Brexit. I suspect Brexit will usher in a deep and prolonged recession , which may last a generation. Hardly the financial environment to complete such a comparitively monumental project.
There is no such elephant in the room. What a ridiculous comment.

Staggering. What happens if we face a similar situation?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5139907/Bill-new-Tottenham-stadium-soars-1bn.html

Bill for new Tottenham stadium soars from £400m to £1bn as club confront cost and complexity of project

• Cost of Tottenham's new stadium has more than doubled to £1bn
  • Chairman Daniel Levy is trying to negotiate finance for the stadium build
  • The new White Hart Lane home was initially expected to cost £400m
  • 61,000-capacity ground increased to £750m and is now expected to cost £1bn
By Alex Miller For Mail On Sunday

PUBLISHED: 08:45 AEDT, 3 December 2017 | UPDATED: 08:45 AEDT, 3 December 2017

13shares

View comments

Tottenham have more than doubled the projected cost of their new stadium to £1billion, which will make it the most expensive in Europe.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy continues to talk with interested parties to help finance the record-breaking build, but the initial £400m cost has been hiked considerably.

The £1bn cost actually represents the second substantial estimated price rise, with an earlier estimated cost increase to £750m revealed in their planning application.

469CAB4F00000578-0-image-m-2_1511372262793.jpg

+4
Tottenham's new stadium is beginning to take shape as the club showed off an aerial shot

469CDF5000000578-5108637-The_club_also_released_what_the_view_is_like_looking_towards_the-a-1_1511380269255.jpg

The club also released what the view is like looking towards the new single-tier South Stand

469CDF5800000578-5108637-They_posted_a_series_of_pictures_on_Twitter_showing_the_view_loo-a-2_1511380309583.jpg

They posted a series of pictures on Twitter showing the view looking across at the South Stand

06F90E48000005DC-5139907-image-a-319_1512250933895.jpg

+4
How Tottenham's new White Hart Lane stadium will look when it is completed

06F90EA6000005DC-5139907-image-a-320_1512250958265.jpg

+4
The construction costs of the new stadium have more than doubled to £1bn

Levy has confided to sources close to the build that the skyrocketing cost of Tottenham's new home, due to open ahead of next season, is in part due to the complexity of the project.

The designs for the 61,000-capacity stadium incorporate facilities for NFL, including two sliding pitches and additional large changing rooms fit for NFL use.

Construction work remains on schedule and the club have already spent over £100m on construction related work, according to planning documents.

469CDF5C00000578-5108637-image-a-3_1511374017907.jpg

An exterior shot shows the stadium beginning to take shape as construction continues

469CDF6300000578-5108637-image-a-4_1511374021396.jpg

+4
Several cranes can be seen as part of the work on the inside of the stadium bowl

Video playing bottom right...

Loaded: 0%
Progress: 0%
0:05
Pause
Unmute

Current Time0:05
/
Duration Time1:00
Fullscreen

ExpandClose

The remaining costs will be covered through a number of sources including debt, stadium naming rights and advance hospitality ticket sales.

Spurs will look to front load any deals to generate substantial cash upfront, similar to how Arsenal initially financed the Emirates.

Talks over naming rights are ongoing and the club says it has 'received expressions of interest from credible counterparties'. Levy has admitted the new ground will not be called White Hart Lane.

The club expect to generate an additional £28m a year from match days at the new stadium, a rise of more than 50 per cent, with the majority coming from the additional corporate hospitality facilities in the new stadium.

469CDF5400000578-5108637-image-a-5_1511374025147.jpg

They also gave a sneak peek of the current view when looking down from the terrace area

469CDF6800000578-5108637-image-a-6_1511374028064.jpg

One of the new steel 'trees' has also been installed to support the new South Stand

Spurs have no current debts unlike many Premier League rivals, but financial adviser Rothschild has approached three un-named banks, all of which have approved five-year loans worth a total of £350m. After five years the outstanding debt will be refinanced or put into longer-term bonds.

Latest estimates have revealed London rivals Chelsea also expect to spend £1bn to rebuild Stamford Bridge.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ottenham-stadium-soars-1bn.html#ixzz509qyCyNu
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Wouldn't like to have been the QS for that job!! Bet he's been binned right off!!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back