New Everton Stadium

Spurs rising costs is a sobering thought. For me the elephant in the room is Brexit. I suspect Brexit will usher in a deep and prolonged recession , which may last a generation. Hardly the financial environment to complete such a comparitively monumental project.
Utter

tripe-ox.jpg

....Joe Anderson was on the BBC Politics Show at lunchtime and was asked about the stadium. He said “if we can pull it off” it will regenerate North Liverpool. The expression “if we can pull it off” suggests to me that there’s still plenty to do to make this happen.

I cant see it happening. It feels to me like a typical Everton stadium project: they talk a good game and never deliver.

Anyway, if the costs are set to rise dramatically we should be walking away from this scheme. Moshiri wont be footing the bill, the club will be for decades.

He said “if we can pull it off” it will regenerate North Liverpool. The expression “if we can pull it off” suggests to me that there’s still plenty to do to make this happen.

That means it will be pulled off. Said it from day 1.

Thats the end game for Moshiris mates.

I cant see it happening. It feels to me like a typical Everton stadium project: they talk a good game and never deliver.

Anyway, if the costs are set to rise dramatically we should be walking away from this scheme. Moshiri wont be footing the bill, the club will be for decades.
We can’t walk away from this project. It would resign the club’s future to nothingness forever. Is that what you want?

The stadium has to happen.

Spurs rising costs is a sobering thought. For me the elephant in the room is Brexit. I suspect Brexit will usher in a deep and prolonged recession , which may last a generation. Hardly the financial environment to complete such a comparitively monumental project.

Even independent economic forecasters are predicting growth for the next few years - the time when a botched Brexit would hit hardest.

A ‘prolonged and deep recession’ shows a misunderstanding of how the British economy works, is an extremely exaggerated Euro-centric view and suggests government and business would sit on their hands, looking longingly at the EU single market rather than getting on with it.

Even independent economic forecasters are predicting growth for the next few years - the time when a botched Brexit would hit hardest.

A ‘prolonged and deep recession’ shows a misunderstanding of how the British economy works, is an extremely exaggerated Euro-centric view and suggests government and business would sit on their hands, looking longingly at the EU single market rather than getting on with it.

The thing is the company’s in the UK have got no choice, they have to or they will all go tits up.

Schemes like this will go ahead as the government won’t have much to spend much to support them.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back