New Everton Stadium

...I agree. Pretty pictures mean nothing. Detailed diagrams and developments plans, even if the milestones are high-level would at least indicate something is happening.

I don’t know if you know the history mate but we have had half baked stadium plans with batman lights and the lot that went up in smoke. By all means you can produce dazzling images and use them as a means to sell the project to investors but with what we’ve seen before to release them to the public without having the ability to deliver would tantamount to suicide metaphorically speaking for the board.

If they can’t deliver it then don’t make it public otherwise when it goes belly up there would be a witch hunt, and rightfully so

I don’t know if you know the history mate but we have had half baked stadium plans with batman lights and the lot that went up in smoke. By all means you can produce dazzling images and use them as a means to sell the project to investors but with what we’ve seen before to release them to the public without having the ability to deliver would tantamount to suicide metaphorically speaking for the board.

If they can’t deliver it then don’t make it public otherwise when it goes belly up there would be a witch hunt, and rightfully so

I agree on all that except the witch hunt. Despite KD and despite DK the Chairman still somehow got applause at GP.

https://stadium.cpfc.co.uk/

The project, which is expected to cost between £75-£100m, will increase the capacity at Selhurst Park from 26,000 to more than 34,000, overhauling a stadium which has been the club’s home since 1924. The centrepiece of the redevelopment is a stunning new five-storey stand featuring an all-glass front.
£100m to increase capacity by 8k doesnt add up to me.

£100m to increase capacity by 8k doesnt add up to me.

Obviously they've got more funds, but it's pretty much what Liverpool did last year (£114m for 8.5k more seats at Anfield, new stand also designed by KSS). I think, like Liverpool, the increase in corporates might be the real prize £wise. Also, 8k seats when your starting point is 26k is not an insubstantial increase (though from what I'd read I thought they'd be shooting for 40k).

Last edited:

Plenty of them in the Pool these days too mate.;)

QuerulousBigheartedBasilisk-small.gif

Big difference though mate, Palace are only looking to do a redevelopment of Selhurst park, we're building from scratch, and also have the logistics of building on a dock, and as you mention, we'll be nearly doubling their capacity, so just my opinion like, but £300m looks a little short.

£300m is just the financing deal with the council. It doesn't include any money from other investments such as sponsorship and naming rights, other investors, the contents of Bill and Mosh's piggy banks or the Arteta money.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back