New Everton Stadium

Meanwhile: Roma, Meis' first "soccer" stadium just gained approval, so building work should start very soon. According to the plans approved today, the Stadio della Roma should be ready to open for the 2020-21 season, 400m Euros, 52k capacity. Might be worth keeping an eye on.

FULL GALLERY @ http://www.asroma.com/en/news/2017/12/new-photos-what-as-roma-s-new-stadium-will-look-like

DQTiEuPX4AEZPzR.jpg

DQToFqUWsAI2XDG.jpg

No Batman lights ! PFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTT

Only the Daily Heil has the £1bn figure. This from IWF from yesterday:

Spurs new stadium costs forecast to come in between £750-800m

December 5 – Tottenham Hotspur have said that the construction costs for the club’s new stadium on the site of the old White Hart Lane ground are still forecast come in between £750 million and £800 million, and not hit the £1 billion cost reported.

The new 61,500 capacity stadium is expected to stay within the club’s internal forecasts for the construction, according to a club source, and in line with previously stated cost forecasts.

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/2017/12/05/spurs-new-stadium-costs-forecast-come-750-800m/

Our ground will likely start at circa £360m, and have about £50m in initial ground work costs on top of that.

It will no doubt rise in costs throughout the build though.

Wasn't this mentioned umpteen pages ago - about the costings to the Spuds being inflated because it was inner city especially inner London and transporting materials would be extremely expensive whereas we have immediate access to the riversway and can transport materials much quicker and cheaper from source straight to site?
I still can’t see £300m delivering a world class 60k iconic stadium. We shall see the plans soon enough.

London is strange when it comes to construction costs, they pay a higher price for practically everything and accept it.
Same in Ireland
You can get a 4 bed detached house built on your site for 180k in rural areas , in Dublin it’s 260/270 k min
It’s not about actual costs but what the market will bear
A builder will charge what he thinks he can get not what it will cost plus a fair profit.
As I heard on the radio from a spainish waiter working in Ireland in the restaurant buisness
In Spain businessmen want to make a living , in Ireland they want to make a killing , same applies in Britain I reckon.
That’s why practically every state funded project goes over budget

If theirs is costing £1,000,000,000, how on earth are we going toget a world-class 60,000 stadium for just £300,000,000?
for a start we are not building it in central London, we didnt have to buy/relocate local businesses from central London and we aren't demolishing a pre existing structure and removing same from central London. We are building on a brownfield site in a cheap part of the world. We have a site where the groundworks are already dug out (just a bit damp at the moment) and we have a much easier route to get stuff in and out of the site. I'm sure our final cost will be higher than the currently estimated £300m, but its almost like comparing a Mayfair hotel with my 6 man tent.

I had an interesting conversation with the CFO of my company last night. Its an international company that would have always spent quite a bit on client entertainment etc.

Anyway, he was saying that nowadays companies are clamping down hugely on giving or accepting gifts of any type from clients. Client entertainment has fallen off a cliff. Nowadays companies even discouraged their staff accepting coffee or lunch. My company has boxes at Ascot and Wembley but are not renewing their deals as they are struggling to find clients who can accept the invite. Apparently it's widespread. Where there used to be a huge waiting list for boxes at Ascot, you can now get one on the day of an event if you like - for a much discounted price.

Unless companies find a way around it that will obviously have a big impact on corporate hospitality at football. Spurs and Chelsea are obviously going big on the corporate side of things. Much more so that we plan to.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back