New Everton Stadium

Yep.....they'll announce that projected costs have spiraled and its back to the drawing board however they've identified a site on the Isle of Man that maybe suitable!

Uh-oh

upload_2017-12-15_16-9-13.webp

AGM has been announced for 9th January 2018. Surely we will be seeing some renders and/or a capacity announcement by then?

Amazed they are having one at all given the last few months. It will be an interesting event in comparison to last year where everything was positive.

Still it will be stage managed of course but one or two more challenging questions from shareholders might still sneak through.

Unfortunately, I don't believe that their recent press release regarding a further expansion of Analfield is much (if anything) to do with our project.

I read it simply as a way of placating their fan base with references to the planning permission 'already in place' and looking at 'opportunities'.

Their attempt to redevelop the Analfield Road, like their Main Stand, in based on the majority of funding coming directly from their fan base.

We all know that simply means higher ticket prices, which is something they've initially vigorously opposed in recent years, hence the hiatus.

As this stage will not generate the highly beneficial extra revenue which hospitality brings, it boils down to the fans paying or the club (no chance).

Therefore, they're simply starting to drip feed reports of ticket shortages combined with opposition growth to try and win favour with the fans.

In fact, I think their owners will be far from 'scared' as it may actually help sway aspects of their fan base to help cover the costs for parity.

“Ticket shortages”

It’s never been easier to get tickets at Anfield in my lifetime, even the big games.

All it is is marketing, similar to what our home tickets are like now.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back