Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

New Everton Stadium

Moshi's got the voodoo urban planners in. It's a goer.
21032858_10159274252020252_488516202501958612_n.jpg

You'd be very naive to think Moshiri is the only serious player in this mate.

lol

I cant see any queue's of funders. the council have been conned into lending us 2/3's when Moshiri could actually fund quite abit himself if he chose to. But he doesn't want to as it is too risky.

and if we are reliant on the the council lending us2/3's then I wouldn't be holding my breath, esp as the costs go spiralling up. there will be an upper limit set by the council for sure

I subscribed to that view once, but really it's looking like desperation now. There's no way we'd be at this point if "Blue Knights" could be persuaded to give this project an almighty boost.
Point taken.
I (as we all) would like to know what the "trigger" is for this to happen.
Maybe its planning permission.
Maybe something else.
My guess is once Moshiri exercises his buy out of the current regimes shares we should see a lot of movement.....only my opinion btw.

lol

I cant see any queue's of funders. the council have been conned into lending us 2/3's when Moshiri could actually fund quite abit himself if he chose to. But he doesn't want to as it is too risky.

and if we are reliant on the the council lending us2/3's then I wouldn't be holding my breath, esp as the costs go spiralling up. there will be an upper limit set by the council for sure
Council aint lending us zip buddy.

lol

Really? How do people keep coming up with this false narrative about how successful business men just pay for things in cash. One of the first things you learn in business is to leverage your money. It is absolutely foolish to spend your money rather than leveraging it to borrow, and any owner of Everton who would do that is too stupid to own and run a club well. Moshiri is worth 2.4 Billion, and not all of that is just cash sitting around. Leveraging his money allows him access to 5-10 times what he would just have on his own.

Really? How do people keep coming up with this false narrative about how successful business men just pay for things in cash. One of the first things you learn in business is to leverage your money. It is absolutely foolish to spend your money rather than leveraging it to borrow, and any owner of Everton who would do that is too stupid to own and run a club well. Moshiri is worth 2.4 Billion, and not all of that is just cash sitting around. Leveraging his money allows him access to 5-10 times what he would just have on his own.

he cant seem to leverage enough for this stadium.

file under BIN.

he cant seem to leverage enough for this stadium.

file under BIN.
Indeed. can leverage so much to the point where it seems we are being forced to take all the risk, begging the council for money and looking/hoping for more investment. top top business man. top top swindler

it doesn't even seem like he is putting a penny into the stadium...what was the point of him again?

Indeed. can leverage so much to the point where it seems we are being forced to take all the risk, begging the council for money and looking/hoping for more investment. top top business man. top top swindler.

that's what uber successful businessmen do tho, thing is everyone is telling me how much he needs this stadium to prevail to make him a shed load of money, yet he doesn't want to put a bit of his own in ?? why is that?

if the stadium fails, then he will be selling, and be looking to make a profit whichever way he can.

moshiri does not have Evertons best interests at heart.

Indeed. can leverage so much to the point where it seems we are being forced to take all the risk, begging the council for money and looking/hoping for more investment. top top business man. top top swindler

it doesn't even seem like he is putting a penny into the stadium...what was the point of him again?

the council have been forced into a corner regards the funding, they are being made to look equally stupid, with the stalling of this stadium, which inturn stalls the whole dockside development. they have had to increase the amount they are prepared to 'guarantor' us already. we will be getting told to sod off eventually.

Council aint lending us zip buddy.

It says in the Echo that Anderson has said that's how it'll be.
The council will borrow the money, and then lend it to us.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-council-loan-everton-millions-14136195

When the club’s finance deal with the council was first announced last year, the council was going to act as a guarantor on any loan to Everton.

But since then, after discussions between the council and the club, ideas have changed.

According to the mayor, the council should make more money from lending directly to the club than it would from acting as a guarantor.

Mayor Anderson said: “Instead of a lender getting the profit and LCC acting as securitor, we provide the loan, we get security and a plan that means we’ve got guarantees so we cannot lose.

“I’m not doing a deal that doesn’t benefit the city. I’m mayor of Liverpool first and an Everton fan second. That’s why I helped LFC with the regeneration of Anfield.”

The mayor says the council simply does not have £300m to lend, so will borrow the money itself at low interest rates. That means, he says, that the loan will not affect existing council services.

Seems a weird way of doing it to me, but, if it works, then club and city both do OK out of it, but, politically, it's tricky to say the least.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back