Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

New Everton Stadium

I doubt very much that exposing the authority at first hand to hundreds of millions of pounds of loans is only as onerous as setting up a SPV to facilitate investment from the private sector. If it was the same risk why wasn't this done before hand? The private sector have not backed the old model seeing it as risky, so LCC are putting their neck out further here....and no doubt the club will pay more for that to it.

It;s all fraught with too much risk for all parties.

Just pull the plug and end this now.
Thats the way to do it.

Stonebridge it is then....lets look for some funding :oops:

2/3rds.

without the final 3rd, we haven't got any funding.

pretty simple that i'd of thought.

and he doesn't seem ready to fund the final 3rd himself. why is that?
The final 3rd is the easy part, but you arent going to get it until the first 2/3rds is secured. In fact, once we get a sponsorship deal on the stadium, he will be able to secure it based on that.

But then again Im taking a wild guess you havent done this type of stuff before. Though you DO sound like the expert on the matter. Of course you did just say that getting 150 million is "pretty simple that i'd of thought."

The final 3rd is the easy part, but you arent going to get it until the first 2/3rds is secured. In fact, once we get a sponsorship deal on the stadium, he will be able to secure it based on that.

But then again Im taking a wild guess you havent done this type of stuff before. Though you DO sound like the expert on the matter. Of course you did just say that getting 150 million is "pretty simple that i'd of thought."
we have 2/3rds secured by the council.

so its just the easy bit left now as you put it.

i don't think you've been following this correctly mate

I doubt very much that exposing the authority at first hand to hundreds of millions of pounds of loans is only as onerous as setting up a SPV to facilitate investment from the private sector. If it was the same risk why wasn't this done before hand? The private sector have not backed the old model seeing it as risky, so LCC are putting their neck out further here....and no doubt the club will pay more for that to it.

We will have to disagree on the bold bit mate, because from what I can see, ultimately LCC would have been liable to any outstanding debt as guarantors of the SVP, so their risk hasn't increased.

Also, it is only your assumption that the private sector have deemed the old model as too risky and hence not backed it by offering funding. For all we know, this new direct lending model may have been the plan between EFC and LCC all along, and no attempt has been made to source funding privately. Alternatively, the direct lending model may have been the plan and we are close to securing the additional £150m - £200m from other sources, it just hasn't been made public? Yes that may be me being naïve, but it's a possibility, I just can't see how you can call this plan dead in the water with no real evidence.

We will have to disagree on the bold bit mate, because from what I can see, ultimately LCC would have been liable to any outstanding debt as guarantors of the SVP, so their risk hasn't increased.

Also, it is only your assumption that the private sector have deemed the old model as too risky and hence not backed it by offering funding. For all we know, this new direct lending model may have been the plan between EFC and LCC all along, and no attempt has been made to source funding privately. Alternatively, the direct lending model may have been the plan and we are close to securing the additional £150m - £200m from other sources, it just hasn't been made public? Yes that may be me being naïve, but it's a possibility, I just can't see how you can call this plan dead in the water with no real evidence.
I think you're making a silk purse out of a sows ear there mate.

The change of plan was due to funding being "difficult" to use Elstone's words.

I think you're making a silk purse out of a sows ear there mate.

The change of plan was due to funding being "difficult" to use Elstone's words.

some seem to be overlooking the use of wordage from lastnight, I'm quite certain these statements would have been carefully drawn up and words such as 'hope' and 'difficult' being used in relation to the stadium funding, would not have been used if this board were not completely confident about it going ahead.

some seem to be overlooking the use of wordage from lastnight, I'm quite certain these statements would have been carefully drawn up and words such as 'hope' and 'difficult' being used in relation to the stadium funding, would not have been used if this board were not completely confident about it going ahead.
"Hope" was the key word.

In essence it means: "we have virtually no chance".

The hope part was with regards to LCC selling this politically to the local authority cabinet. No chance.

lol

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back