Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

New Everton Stadium

Hi Cabinet members, when your residents ask you about LCC taking out a £300m loan to fund a private development then you tell them Uncle Joe has the cities best interest at hand.

On a second note, I’d like propose another reduction in staffing costs because we need to cut another £50m from our budget

So do we have a yes for the loan??

Im somewhat curious from all the experts on here who have declared what things should cost and how long things should take, what other stadium builds in the country are you comparing this too? Because surely no one would be so foolish as to tell someone how what they are doing is not as good as what others have done without basing that on what others have done. Right?

some seem to be overlooking the use of wordage from lastnight, I'm quite certain these statements would have been carefully drawn up and words such as 'hope' and 'difficult' being used in relation to the stadium funding, would not have been used if this board were not completely confident about it going ahead.
Like Moshiri's "Voodoo" comment you mean?

Hi Cabinet members, when your residents ask you about LCC taking out a £300m loan to fund a private development then you tell them Uncle Joe has the cities best interest at hand.

On a second note, I’d like propose another reduction in staffing costs because we need to cut another £50m from our budget

So do we have a yes for the loan??

this is basically what it amounts too.

i think what the council stand to make is quite poultry considering the huge risk, in the development going way over budget. Esp at a world heritage, dock site. Does it even get any more obsure, as new build go??

we have 2/3rds secured by the council.

so its just the easy bit left now as you put it.

i don't think you've been following this correctly mate
I dont think you've followed anything correctly. Again looks like you missed the AGM, its not secured by the council yet, but they expect it to be soon shortly.

Glad you arent a loan officer, "Yeah, go ahead with the purchase, funding is almost mostly secured-ish".

Personally think this is going to go through the council fairly smoothly (or as smoothly as these things ever do).

There'll be plenty of wailing and gnashing of teeth from the kopites, but genuinely does sound pretty win/win.

The risk to the council is pretty low. Yes, it's high in absolute money terms (eg, £350m is a lot of money) but in terms of % chance of something going catastrophically wrong, and LCC being left holding the bill, the odds are very small.

Then on the positive side of the ledger, LCC gets several million (I'd imagine > the £3m originally mooted, but overall (interest+fees) will be less than Everton taking out the loan with LCC as guarantor), huge job creation and (most importantly from LCC's POV) kick starting a massive development of the North Docks area which previously was slated to take decades.

Personally think this is going to go through the council fairly smoothly (or as smoothly as these things ever do).

There'll be plenty of wailing and gnashing of teeth from the kopites, but genuinely does sound pretty win/win.

The risk to the council is pretty low. Yes, it's high in absolute money terms (eg, £350m is a lot of money) but in terms of % chance of something going catastrophically wrong, and LCC being left holding the bill, the odds are very small.

Then on the positive side of the ledger, LCC gets several million (I'd imagine > the £3m originally mooted, but overall (interest+fees) will be less than Everton taking out the loan with LCC as guarantor), huge job creation and (most importantly from LCC's POV) kick starting a massive development of the North Docks area which previously was slated to take decades.
...and they lived happily ever after.

how much did Wembley run over costs? how much is Spurs running over costs? same with Chelsea.. its not just a London thing, it is a general rule that all major builds run considerably over estimates. if we are crunching the numbers now with no contingency in place the whole thing could easily be doomed

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back