New Everton Stadium

I wondered about that too. If chelsea are willing to buy back the land off the council after a compulsory purchase then the club are willing to spend millions. Of course they get the land and house with that not sure if they will give the family that much without getting something. Hopefully they will see sense that out of the thousands of people that support chelsea it only takes 1 nutter.

(& they have more than their fair share of them!)
I thought I read the house was in a different borough and the council there didn't support the stadium. :D

Again, there's just no way they didn't get private interest in a council backed instrument. Just no way. I know it's not the states, but if that instrument is out there, banks are literally falling overthemselves to hold it. Granted, instruments that are that big usually require multiple banks to spread some of the risk around, so perhaps the time it takes to put the package together is the issue and the new financing approach helps in that regard. But seriously, and although I am not entirely current on existing commercial banking practices and certainly not in Liverpool, I find it almost impossible that there wouldn't be crazy private interest in that type of vehicle.

The council financing it directly or indirectly in the manner alluded to at the annual meeting would be even CHEAPER for Everton, so obviously it was be an even better deal for Mosh and crew. That's my line of thinking.

Also, if we are talking about finding 150-200M in additional financing, I really think that would be no problem at all. PSLs often increase dramatically in value, BTW. And yes, people would literally mortgage their house for PSLs in some areas - I know for a fact people did it back where I'm from in Pittsburgh just to go to Steeler games. That's a very large and dedicated fan base, but not a big city. Those PSLs have increased like 11 times their values in some cases since the stadium opened in 2001. That's abnormally high, but the increase in general is not. The naming rights will be pretty significant with that location and I'd think would be well over 100M depending on how long the deal is for.

I don't have a ton of faith in the management of the club, but it just seems that with a supportive city council and some of the secondary land use / development benefits, there should be a lot of powerful people very onboard the construction of the stadium.

Naive thinking that mate, the bulk of his fortune is in USM shares obviously, but he would have substantial cash reserves also
It is tough to pin his net worth down, though. We know at a minimum, he's a 10% owner of USM Holdings, which is private. They do own 100% of Metalloinvest, which had $4.3B in total revenue with EBIDTA of $1.3B. And USM owns a heck of a lot more than that. Honestly, Mosh may be a lot more loaded than some of us think he is (2.4B in Forbes). That doesn't put him in Usamanov territory, but knowing that Usamanov cannot do much with his investments in Arsenal, he's going to pump as much USM cash as he can into Everton IMO. And it's going to be wonderful assuming they can get some better folks in here to run the club.

It is tough to pin his net worth down, though. We know at a minimum, he's a 10% owner of USM Holdings, which is private. They do own 100% of Metalloinvest, which had $4.3B in total revenue with EBIDTA of $1.3B. And USM owns a heck of a lot more than that. Honestly, Mosh may be a lot more loaded than some of us think he is (2.4B in Forbes). That doesn't put him in Usamanov territory, but knowing that Usamanov cannot do much with his investments in Arsenal, he's going to pump as much USM cash as he can into Everton IMO. And it's going to be wonderful assuming they can get some better folks in here to run the club.

Oh Moshiri will 100% be worth more than anyone has been able to nail down, as will Usmanov in all honesty, Forbes etc always massively urge on the low side when trying to value the worth of any Russian businessmen - ie. what they can prove they own without any doubt about it.

The major question and more relevant IMO anyway is how much of the wealth Moshiri has - will he be allowed/instructed to invest by Usmanov - as a great portion of it is (and yet again just my own opinion) is almost in trust for him from Usmanov to do what our loveable Usbek wishes.

Nothing will happen in my opinion (again) until after the Russian election in March to April anyway, purely as it will generate a lot of coverage in the media on a very close friend/ally of Putin - and would be absurdly bad timing.

As a side note, the longer and more gaffs Moshiri makes, the more welcoming any dissenting voice will be towards a Usmanov investment/ownership as well, as a lot still had doubts about if we actually 'needed' him, notably esk was a voice who stated Moshiri was all we needed etc

apologies if I am straying from the latest replies and subject matter , but as I visited Goodison for the Everton v Chelsea game 23/12 as I was in the UK over Christmas this is after a number of years ( to give you an idea ) , my last game before this visit was in the 80,s when we still stood

whichever way this ends up with the stadium as there seems to be doubters its going to happen its a great pity we could not have upgraded the " old lady " , it must be one of the true old English football grounds left and it was still magic and welcoming , unlike Chelsea which my daughter who fell off the rails supports Chelsea ( but I still have twins Lads who are fanatic Evertonians ) so I went with her and waited Frankie.,s

If the esk is right and assuming this was a standard loan to be repaid in full, rather than refinanced at the end of 25 years, the annual repayments to the council could be in the region of 22m assuming the council can borrow that much at standard local government rates and the differential charged to Everton is over 4%.

That is alot in its own right.

The interest rate on any debt the club takes on via other routes is likely to be significantly higher than that. 8% would be optimistic. Were the club to try and borrow all of the residual £220m on a similar term and repayment basis to the council facility then annual repayments would be circa £19m.

Even if the repayment periods were stretched there is no way is this thing is generating sufficient additional revenue to comfortably cover it's costs and increase the spending power of the club. And that is regardless of how they may plan on using it away from matchdays.

Put simply I struggle to see how this is viable unless Morishi puts in some very significant equity.

If the esk is right and assuming this was a standard loan to be repaid in full, rather than refinanced at the end of 25 years, the annual repayments to the council could be in the region of 22m assuming the council can borrow that much at standard local government rates and the differential charged to Everton is over 4%.

The interest rate on any debt the club takes on via other routes is likely to be significantly higher than that. 8% would be optimistic. Were the club to try and borrow all of the residual £220m on a similar term and repayment basis to the council facility then annual repayments would be circa £19m.

Even if the repayment periods were stretched there is no way is this thing is generating sufficient additional revenue to comfortably cover it's costs and increase the spending power of the club. And that is regardless of how they may plan on using it away from matchdays.

Put simply I struggle to see how this is viable unless Morishi puts in some very significant equity.
bullseye-clip-art-bullseye-clipart-free-clipart-image-375x320_3eadc6.png

He took a punt the Commonwealth Games would provide this.
Then took a punt on the Council acting as Guarantor but still could not raise the funding
Now final throw of the dice get the Council to pay for it, which will probably not happen as
they will not be allowed to shoulder any forseeable `risk`

8% interest on a loan
What bank charges that.
ECB rate is practically zero.
Even in Ireland where the banks are known to fleece their customers and we pay the highest rates the interest rate on mortgages is approx 3.5 %

The people are against it are either Reds or the same people who didn’t want the run down part of town transformed into Liverpool one.

I honestly give up on some people.

That's not true. A lot of non sport fans will be against risking the tax payers money which could affect budgets if it all goes tits up.

We need to take off our blue tinted glasses.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back