Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

New Everton Stadium

Might help if you read the last sentence.
I did Dave and naming rights won’t go anywhere covering the costs either will selling seats as that only affects future income.
The stadium will have to be built with borrowed money and then every last commercial penny squeezed out of it.
If that means 10/12 big name sell out concerts every year so be it
If it means holding Small conferences midweek so be it.
If it means hiring out rooms for wedding and parties so be it
If it means corporate boxes at 5 or 10 grand a match so be it.
If it means hiring rooms out to companies for HR meetings so be it.
You borrow to build it and like they do in Croke Park squeeze every penny out of it

I did Dave and naming rights won’t go anywhere covering the costs either will selling seats as that only affects future income.
The stadium will have to be built with borrowed money and then every last commercial penny squeezed out of it.
If that means 10/12 big name sell out concerts every year so be it
If it means holding Small conferences midweek so be it.
If it means hiring out rooms for wedding and parties so be it
If it means corporate boxes at 5 or 10 grand a match so be it.
If it means hiring rooms out to companies for HR meetings so be it.
You borrow to build it and like they do in Croke Park squeeze every penny out of it
Any funding package will see the stadium being sweated. It's going to be a fortune to build.

Here's my overall point beyond the ESRs/PSL stuff which was thrown in as a debating point: this isn't getting off the ground with the local state leading the way so we/the club better get our thinking caps on and find alternatives.

You dont get into debt if you can afford it. It's difficult to hazard a guess at numbers taking that ESR option up, but I'm guessing there'd be a fair few people in a position to be able to commit to annual payment's to eventually see ownership of a seat they can pass on to someone else in the family perhaps. In North America they have Personal Seat License system where a sum of cash is paid to retain the right to a season ticket for the same seat, which is a debenture system I suppose.

In any case this was not an idea to say "replace LCC's loan with ESR", I'm suggesting there might be a funding mix of different sources that could work better for the club and avoid the political fall out the current plan has attached to it.
Dave it’s Liverpool not London or a big city in the states.
I may be wrong but is Liverpool ( or sections of it ) classed as a deprived area and gets certain state and European aid on the back of this status
I can’t see the ordinary folk or the businesses of Liverpool putting up a substantial sum unless it’s the gangstas that ran Barkley out of town

Any funding package will see the stadium being sweated. It's going to be a fortune to build.

Here's my overall point beyond the ESRs/PSL stuff which was thrown in as a debating point: this isn't getting off the ground with the local state leading the way so we/the club better get our thinking caps on and find alternatives.
Maybe private funding has been looked at and maybe even sourced but it’s cheaper to go the state route and that’s what the club have gone with.
Maybe with council backing the lions share private funding will be easier to get
We don’t know all the facts nor will we ever
It’s the way Big buisness is run

Maybe private funding has been looked at and maybe even sourced but it’s cheaper to go the state route and that’s what the club have gone with.
Maybe with council backing the lions share private funding will be easier to get
We don’t know all the facts nor will we ever
It’s the way Big buisness is run
You need to prepare yourself for a let down on that front.

We either find investors for this or it's done for. My guess is it already is.

If Moshiri were to do this , then he is something special...

"In further comments yesterday from Mayor Joe Anderson it was mentioned that Everton would be looking at equity, possible debt and any contribution from the appropriate naming rights partners to meet the remaining costs of the stadium. It is understood that Mr Moshiri may contribute a further £150 million in equity."

Tbh i think he will have to as I can't see the council or the public let us have two separate large loans to service at the same time.

I kind of feel they’re just after more money.

They’re already loaded for a reason.

I wondered about that too. If chelsea are willing to buy back the land off the council after a compulsory purchase then the club are willing to spend millions. Of course they get the land and house with that not sure if they will give the family that much without getting something. Hopefully they will see sense that out of the thousands of people that support chelsea it only takes 1 nutter.

(& they have more than their fair share of them!)

Just a thought , how will are new ground be defended from the Mersey , spring High tide it floods right over there if there is a storm, used to work at huskinson dock , and it was wild down at the front.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back