New Everton Stadium

It's a mortgage on a seat and you own it...but after, say, 25-30 years. The club doesn't get into debt by borrowing and paying interest. The downside is stadium revenue is reduced but that can be offset by increased commercial use of the facility. Stadia in North America have been paid for that way.

That could be one of a package of funding that doesn't include having to involve the local state. Naming rights is obviously another source

So in a nutshell, some supporters get into debt, and we rename Goodison?

And that is assuming enough want to mortgage themselves to a seat to fund a make over. My best guess would be 12.

Unless you are talking about that model for a new place at the Docks.

Some of the language that Robert Elstone used at the AGM continues to concern me, but then you hear FM state that we will have a stadium and you think that it is likely to happen. Elstone may just prefer to dampen expectations after previous failures or he is playing a delicate game with regard to negotiating and securing the best possible vehicle for the funding. I know FM has had a few dodgy PR disasters since he arrived, but I do think that he will make this happen - it has to, at the very least to protect his investment into Everton so far doesn't it? Not as if there are loads of other buyers out there if the whole thing goes pear shaped to take the club off his hands. To all intents and purposes he would own a white elephant as the stadium has always been the biggest obstacle to our progress, both on and off the field.

There's been plenty of ideas put forward on a GP refurbishment and from people more knowledgeable than I, some with different capacity aspirations to others (and 60,000 is not something I've argued to be essential):

http://www.keioc.net/index.php?page=redevelopment-plans

http://www.keioc.net/uploads/files/gfefeasstudy-old.pdf

So where are the rows of houses?? Gonna put cranes where the houses are? As I said before and you ignored what about the residents?

A load of bollocks that video is.

"Always look on the bright blue side of life"

It's a mortgage on a seat and you own it...but after, say, 25-30 years. The club doesn't get into debt by borrowing and paying interest. The downside is stadium revenue is reduced but that can be offset by increased commercial use of the facility. Stadia in North America have been paid for that way.

That could be one of a package of funding that doesn't include having to involve the local state. Naming rights is obviously another source
And there will be a queue of lads around the block with 10 grand hanging out of their arse pockets to pay these seats.
This is in Liverpool you know.
They done this in Croke Park and there was very few joe soaps among the takers
Farmers , publicans and businessmen took up the options

Couldn't part of the stadium on the docks be funded in that very same way? Thus reducing the total debt required.

So in a nutshell, some supporters get into debt, and we rename Goodison?

And that is assuming enough want to mortgage themselves to a seat to fund a make over. My best guess would be 12.

Unless you are talking about that model for a new place at the Docks.

Me :I want to borrow 20 grand
Bank manager ; For what ?
Me : A seat at Goodison Park ( or whatever it’s called)
Bank manager : I’ll need your house deeds as collateral.
Me : OK so I’ll have a chat with the wife and be back tomorrow.
The conversation with the wife would be short and sweet and end with her saying KOFF

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back