Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

New Everton Stadium

Can't begin to say how much I disagree with your summary. All I can say I'm glad you are not running the club. :)

I won't be able to convince you otherwise and you will fail to bring me round to your way of thinking so we will have to agree to disagree on this one. However I agree with you fully that this will be a hard sell to pass it through the council to approve the loan.

It would be really interesting to see what we spend on Goodison park as it is now, as that will need to be offset against anything we will be paying.

There are always options for another site if that's what it takes to solve the stadium situation.

GP can be refurbished to 55,000 and take on board local community development with minimum CPOs.

Where, not in the Liverpool boundaries or do you want some brownsite at the back of Otterspool say? where is the ambition in some thing like that. Now that will put us down in Liverpool against our neighbours.

As for GP you and others were demanding a 60K gate, CPOs on residents? oh yeh chuck them out telling them to find somewhere else to live away from friends and relatives just like that other lot, well done Dave showing true colours are we? I think more of people than that and still have relatives in Walton quite close to the ground. Even if GP were possible, how long will it take? what about the reduced income in all that time? the effect on residents of construction during that time?

Not the answer by any means for me. It has to be new stadium in a land mark position now you tell me where is there such a site within the boundaries of Liverpool.

Where, not in the Liverpool boundaries or do you want some brownsite at the back of Otterspool say? where is the ambition in some thing like that. Now that will put us down in Liverpool against our neighbours.

As for GP you and others were demanding a 60K gate, CPOs on residents? oh yeh chuck them out telling them to find somewhere else to live away from friends and relatives just like that other lot, well done Dave showing true colours are we? I think more of people than that and still have relatives in Walton quite close to the ground. Even if GP were possible, how long will it take? what about the reduced income in all that time? the effect on residents of construction during that time?

Not the answer by any means for me. It has to be new stadium in a land mark position now you tell me where is there such a site within the boundaries of Liverpool.

is Stanley park not a viable option?

and if we only want to increase the capacity to 45-50k with the new build, then renovating goodison is very viable. if you are talking about an increase to 60-65k, then that would be impossible with the small footprint of goodison park, but 15k more seats, id say very doable, esp the park end stand.

Cool, so its not? What are your sources? Or can you not reveal them?

I never made such claims. I applied common sense, and formed an opinion on the earlier information the Council put out
LCC act as Guarantor for a %. I said it seems odd to now change the funding model as in my opinion it `may` take 5 years to build
and produce revenue. Others stated correctly that I do not know, either way, if the payments are made after the build is complete
or from initial staged payments, and they are right ..... I do not know. However it all seems strange
Lets hope it works out for the good of the club:)

I think that it is still a very very viable build, one that I would be extremely surprised does not go ahead. I'm at a 9/10 on a scale, but only because I'd not stick a 10 on anything until I was sat in it anyway.

It seems that it has not been as quick as first hoped, but I don't see it as a concern, it's certainly not a doomsday scenario as some do.

In a good few years of being in construction, I can count on one hand the jobs that have been delivered on time. Programmes tend to be written contractually, rather than realistically. They still happen though.
Anybody ever built an extension that was a few weeks late , built a house that was a few months late , built a small shopping centre that was a year late.
Anybody ever have problems getting a 100,000 pound mortgage that you eventually got a few weeks late.
Anybody ever had an Architect late with drawings that the council sent back to you.
Delays in a 500 m pound build are to be expected

You can see this , @roydo can see this and many other myself included can see this.
The stadium is merely a catalyst for the bigger prize of the whole docks development.
Docks across the world are being developed to great effect.
They are the only city centre sites that allow for major development.
People have taken big time to working and living by the waterfront.
I can guarantee you that in 10 yrs time Liverpool docks will be totally unrecognisable from what it is today.
One only has to look across the water at Dublin to see what can be achieved.
Honestly thought I was about to read Birkenhead after thislol

and if we only want to increase the capacity to 45-50k with the new build, then renovating goodison is very viable. if you are talking about an increase to 60-65k, then that would be impossible with the small footprint of goodison park, but 15k more seats, id say very doable, esp the park end stand.

Next door to Anfield, I think not.

Look at previous posts where folk are saying a min of 60K.

If you look at the bigger picture the ground is only the starting point not the destination, hence the docks.
Do you not think there were cheaper, easier builds in other areas available.
The docks was the only option the interested Moshiri and Usmanov

You can see this , @roydo can see this and many other myself included can see this.
The stadium is merely a catalyst for the bigger prize of the whole docks development.
Docks across the world are being developed to great effect.
They are the only city centre sites that allow for major development.
People have taken big time to working and living by the waterfront.
I can guarantee you that in 10 yrs time Liverpool docks will be totally unrecognisable from what it is today.
One only has to look across the water at Dublin to see what can be achieved.

The docks are getting redeveloped already as we speak, Peel do not have to wait for us to kickstart anything.

There's been plenty of ideas put forward on a GP refurbishment and from people more knowledgeable than I, some with different capacity aspirations to others (and 60,000 is not something I've argued to be essential):

http://www.keioc.net/index.php?page=redevelopment-plans

http://www.keioc.net/uploads/files/gfefeasstudy-old.pdf

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back