New Everton Stadium

Took some non-local work colleagues for a drive by today. All stunned by the size in person and complexity of the exterior design. But the total lack of the Leitch pattern on the brickwork was big issue raised. It has bugged me for a while. Almost worse because you occasionally spot a tiny random patch of it, then nothing around it.

Has this ever been addressed?? The most recent official renders show it still, maybe not as prominent as the original over the top contrast. Old clip from on site when the panels first started going up saying how detailed everything had to be to get the right bricks in the right spots etc, so didn’t sound like a treatment to be applied post-completion. Meis interviewed right in front of it last month, nothing like he envisaged.

Tbf we’d be waiting until 2028/29 to move in if I worked on site. I’d have had every brick colour matched to avoid this unevenness on brighter days.

View attachment 275865

I've mentioned it a couple of times, I don't like how the brickwork has been done. I know they've always mentioned that they're real bricks and sliced and then moulded into these big pieces, but the fact you've always been able to see where the panels have joined have made it look cheap to me, then the discoloration of certain panels even worse.

Maybe before handover it'll change and look perfect. The roof still does my head in as the panels aren't the same colour but apparently the weather will change them all to the same could due it being an iodine roof.

There's a lot of things where I think it doesn't look right but hey I reckon I'll be proved wrong because I don't believe they could get those kind of small details wrong on a stadium which has cost upwards of 750m. It's a serious amount of money to not have every single nut and bolt absolutely spot on

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back