Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

New Everton Stadium

I think we need to find a partner (public or private) to shoulder the costs. The KD stadium would have seen EFC put 50% in and the council and other public bodies like English Partnerships were to invest the rest: EFC would have gained the matchday revenue (minus rental) and a share with partners of non-football events. You can see from that just how much of the heavy lifting Moshiri is placing on the club for BMD.

I think a hybrid of that will be the end result Dave. Based on nowt other than my own conjecture and my long held thought that we are a cog in a (rich) wheel.

I can see the value in the WHS, and if the regeneration of the North and Central docks wasn't happening, then great, do all we can in order to maintain it. However, with what is going on, I see it as a necessary evil that it will be lost. WHS is a big deal for the city, but for me, not having the regeneration would be a bigger deal, as it is with the WHS that we are in the position as a city that we currently are, yet by doing something, that unfortunately negatively affects it, we can positively effect the city more. With the cuts that are continuing, the city is haemorrhaging money and struggling to keep its services afloat, what good is the WHS to a city that is declining? Who's to say that in 10 years time they don't turn round and say, 'you haven't invested enough in your cultural centres, you were already at risk, we're taking your status off you'. I would rather have a thriving city that is looking after its population not on the WHS, than a city who's population are struggling, but on it.

The city is on the at risk register, it has been for years. For anybody that is arsed about the WHS enough to only want to visit cities/places that hold it, then you would assume they would know that fact. They would also be aware that the building of the Liv Waters was the biggest threat. Therefore they would be naive, or trying to stir the pot, if they were to suggest that Everton's new stadium was anything other than a small part of a bigger issue anyway.

I want Everton to be ambitious, to win things. I feel that this move is a necessary part of that. The fact that it helps the city makes it imperative that it not only happens for our success as a club, but for the liveleyhood of thousands of people across the City.

Well said.;)

I think a hybrid of that will be the end result Dave. Based on nowt other than my own conjecture and my long held thought that we are a cog in a (rich) wheel.
I think it'll have to be. I cant conceive of Everton with (conservative estimate) £600M of debt. Only financial elite clubs can take that on. Even Liverpool chose to refurbish and stagger that refurbishment.

I think it'll have to be. I cant conceive of Everton with (conservative estimate) £600M of debt. Only financial elite clubs can take that on. Even Liverpool chose to refurbish and stagger that refurbishment.

Well we are in the financial elite simply by being in the PL. Thats the main attraction, lets face it. But 5,6,7 Million on the balance sheet looks horrid, which is why some gymnastics will be needed. IMO

I’m interested on what they want to do with Goodison if we move?

Are they keeping one of stands or lower tiers?

There was a picture in the AGM thread that I presumed was how Goodison will be but nothing has been mentioned about it and I can't find anything else about it so can't be sure, I don't like it if this is the plan and maybe that's why it hasn't had the spotlight on it as there's no more Goodison left

GS.webp

There was a picture in the AGM thread that I presumed was how Goodison will be but nothing has been mentioned about it and I can't find anything else about it so can't be sure, I don't like it if this is the plan and maybe that's why it hasn't had the spotlight on it as there's no more Goodison left

View attachment 43521

Thanks for sharing that. But yeah I can’t see anything left over from Goodison which is a shame.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back